User Tag List

Thread: Am I being scammed..I think I am...

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

Am I being scammed..I think I am...

Ok so I have been getting hits on my email for my psp I posted on craigslist. It has 14 umds with it and a case w extras, it is valuable. I want to get rid of it and posted it for $150. Here are some things people have been sending me (Exact Words).

Thanks for the prompt mail...nice hearing back from you...i want you to know that i am serious in buying your Craigslist item listed above,i will like to ask if you still have a box for the item because i am buying the item for a friend of my who has been transfer for the ORPHANAGE CARE & UNICEF ORGANIZATION mission oversea.I want this item for him as a Graduation and Promotion (Present) Gift, my mode of payment is paypal because i don't have a pick-up arrangement dew to the fact that i am out of state for a business trip and paypal is the only way i can pay you for now because of my present location. i will be offering you $270:00usd including the shipping cost down to him at oversea you just get back to me asap with your confirm paypal email i.d for the money payment.you will be shipping the item via USPS Global Express Mail Service(EMS).once the payment has being done.
    hope to here back from you soonest with your conclusion
    thanks.........

Also he said this after I asked where to ship it.
    here is the shipping address below:
    NAME:Akinremi Olayiwola
    ADDRESS: No 2 Fadeyi Close Agbowo u.i
    CITY:Ibadan
    STATE:Oyo State
    ZIP CODE:23402
    +2348051186047

Ok so here is a whole different person.

Hi ,
    Thanks for the reply, i will be buying and i am okay with the description of the item. I'm Currently out of the State and won't be available for pick up. I actually want to buy the item as a Birthday gift for my wife in oversea of the confirmed address that will be sent to you by PayPal. My mode of payment will be cash through PayPal in US dollars and i will offer you $280 for the item $100 for the shipping and handling International Mail service via USPS Express Mail(EMS). I want you to send to me your PayPal email id, so that immediate payment can be done, and if you are new to PayPal, you can easily log on to http://www.paypal.com/us and set up an account with them with either your Bank account Information or your Credit/Debit Card details and its simple and easier, just in few secs; you get your account activated. PayPal is very secure and reliable. Get back to me with your PayPal email ID if you are still interested

Tell me what you guys think... most of this sends up red flags to me.
    If you fail to plan. Plan to fail.

User Info Menu

Re: Am I being scammed..I think I am...

Dude, if its doesn't specify your item, its a bot. And its out of the country so its common sense.

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

It isn't a bot I have asked questions and have asked different details to the people. Also, I think the just want my credit and bank info from my paypal.

User Info Menu

Yeah, so don't take the chance bro. Its best to do it local from your state.

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

If it is a bot I just pissed it off lol...

OO NO AM NOT A SCAM HIS WANT FOR A MISSIONARY PURPOSE OK KINDLY GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS IN ORDER TO MADE THE PAYMENT NOW OK...........HOPE TO READ FROM YOUR SOON

This is from the guy that said it was for his wife...BIG red flag

User Info Menu

Yeah, its best if you don't take into account with these guys. I heard there's alot of scams and shit on CL and that some do pyramid schemes and shit. Don't fall into it. Make sure that they are legitimate. Best to ask here and other people just in case.

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

Ok I guess ill make a posting on it here then....

User Info Menu

Yeah I get those all the time. Most of the time they want to pay me like 5000 to send an item to Nigeria. I just mark it as spam, or report it to ebay.