User Tag List

Thread: Fruit Making Your Mouth Or Throat Itch?

Fruit Making Your Mouth Or Throat Itch?

User Info Menu

This is an oral allergy syndrome A.K.A. pollen-food syndrome, in which case you may be having an allergic reaction to the proteins in fruits. The proteins in fruits have similarities to the proteins found in pollen. This is called "cross reaction" say you are allergic to a particular tree, you can develop an itchy throat after eating apples, peaches, cherries, pears, etc that grow on those types of trees. If you allergic to grass then I may have reactions to melons, tomatoes and kiwis.

Solution:
    Claritin-D, I take it for my summer allergies and if I take it about 30 minutes to an hour after eating a banana I am fine.

Water, you may say what? Trust me though, if you don't want to see a doctor about this or about Claritin-D, then water is a great solution to if you love bananas.

After eating a banana simply take a mouth full of cold water and keep it in your mouth till it gets warm. Repeat for about 10 minutes and you will be fine. You won't even feel itchy. =]

[warning]Although this is great advice, there is nothing better than your doctors! Allergies don't just go away and you don't just "get use to it." They can get worse![/warning]

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: Fruit Making Your Mouth Or Throat Itch?

Thanks for the advice Johnny, the pollen has gotten pretty bad at my house, I don't go outside that much cause I'd half to wear a mask for yard work...

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

You like bananas, don'tcha Johnny?

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
    You like bananas, don'tcha Johnny?
    Yeah, he eats them all the time...

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

sock ruser

User Info Menu

i hate summer. my allergies act up alot but i dont get a itchy throat, just a bunch of mucus.

User Info Menu

My sister has this problem, i always just thought she was weird haha.

User Info Menu

Hey does that also work with gum? Because if I ate the watermelon flavored gum it makes my throat and the back of my mouth itch >.>
    The game...