User Tag List

Thread: Any body Wrestle? Freestyle and Greco?

JooN-YeR

Any body Wrestle? Freestyle and Greco?

Do we have any wrestlers on this site??

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Re: Any body Wrestle? Freestyle and Greco?

Wrestling is kind of homo, in a non-homo way. Ya know?

I might have done it if the wrestling room at my school wasn't ringworm infested...

But hell, do what you want to do, I have major respect for wrestlers.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

JooN-YeR

haha its tough sh*t man. yes ringworm is apart of the sport. but its well worth it. cutting weight and everything. Its a sport i'm well at. and i just finished my freshman year. and i got a Varsity letter.

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Hey, congratulations, man. I'm just a track 1600M runner. Thnking about doing baseball next year aswell, because our school is pretty weak in track.

You have weight classes in wrestling too, right?
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

User Info Menu

i do MMA and know Ji-jitsu. i also have military fighting tactics due to being in the ARMY. so yes we do haha. do u yourself know anything?

User Info Menu

To answer your question, both. They will both help you in a match. Freestyle by your sweeps and leg work, along with locks, pins and grabs. Greco has similar aspects to pin but its all done with ONLY using your upper body with moves such as belly to belly suplexes.

Get in shape by doing A LOT, A LOT of cardio and conditioning. Do the big 4 lifts and focus on muscle endurance such as by doing bodyweight exercises(can be weighted with sand or plates) and carries such as with sandbags or atlas stones and also farmers walks work REALLY well.

Also FYI BJJ(GJJ, or whatever you want to call it) will NOT really help you in wrestling, trust me. BJJ is more for submissions then pinning and such, YES some similar techniques but its more leverage and won't do you much good if you plan to stick with wrestling.

source:

myself, sport grappler.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

i use BJJ for ground game and submissions. ive trained MMA for 4 years and know it pretty well. not interested in getting into any competitions but its good to know if anyone wants to try an F**K with you on the streets who think they can fight. also being a soldier helps out to. but i dont try to start fights. BJJ an MMA mixed together is REALLY good if u know how to do it and mix up moves. but its just my opinion. and your Opinion is very good as well OVERKILL. good to see someone who knows what their talkin about.

JooN-YeR

yup there are weight classes in wrestling too!