User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the United States was founded.

Why the United States was founded.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CoDeX View Post
    This country was founded because taxes were too high. Taxes were raised to pay for the war.

That is one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read. Do some research. People came to this country to escape a large plethora of problems, high taxes was among them, but NOT the main reason folks started flooding the "New Land". The biggest contributor to people loading into boats and heading for the "western world" was because of Religious Persectution. People were being hanged, stoned, beheaded, everything under the sun because of their religious beliefs, and this country gave people a place to go to practice and celebrate their religions openly, freely, and without concequence. That was the biggest reason people started making their way to the US.

Also, it wasnt necessarily the high taxes that forced people out of Europe, it was more Taxation without Representation. Alot of the people that came here were at or below the poverty line, and noone from their sect of life was making or drafting laws in Europe, thus they felt they were being taxed by people that didnt even know/understand them, and certainly didnt represent the way that they felt.

Another reason people fled to this country was to escape the poverty that they were living in. Many of them died trying, but im sure glad they tried.

User Info Menu

Re: Internet Blacklist Bill

Quote Originally Posted by U.BeeN.StryKeD View Post
    That is one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read. Do some research. People came to this country to escape a large plethora of problems, high taxes was among them, but NOT the main reason folks started flooding the "New Land". The biggest contributor to people loading into boats and heading for the "western world" was because of Religious Persectution. People were being hanged, stoned, beheaded, everything under the sun because of their religious beliefs, and this country gave people a place to go to practice and celebrate their religions openly, freely, and without concequence. That was the biggest reason people started making their way to the US.

Also, it wasnt necessarily the high taxes that forced people out of Europe, it was more Taxation without Representation. Alot of the people that came here were at or below the poverty line, and noone from their sect of life was making or drafting laws in Europe, thus they felt they were being taxed by people that didnt even know/understand them, and certainly didnt represent the way that they felt.

Another reason people fled to this country was to escape the poverty that they were living in. Many of them died trying, but im sure glad they tried.
    The Colonist declared independence from Great Britain because they were being taxed heavily without any representation in Parliament.

BTW I said why the country was founded not why people came here.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.
    .::Forum Rules | List of Demands Part II ::.

Rep :<Current>(230) + <Previous>(207)= <Total>(437)
    AdamAndersen aka Pink Floyd
    [12-03, 18:47] taking it in the ass IS...
    [12-03, 18:47] giving sex to another man isn't exactly gay...
    [12-03, 18:45] ill suck your dick if you suck mine. dealio?

Adam Andersen: I give him a hug every night after we make love.

Rigalic Reign: I too had a sexual encounter with a female in kindergarten
    CoDeX: Don't talk about last week.

[Today 03:56 PM] Sneaky Poptart: They haven't dropped yet?
    [Today 03:24 PM] BioHazardouz: My nuts
    [Today 01:42 PM] RageRaft: Whats up guys.

When in doubt. Get the f*ck out!

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

The Colonist declared independence from Great Britain because they were being taxed heavily without any representation in Parliament.
    and on that note the Revolutionary war was only supported by 1/3 of the population, those people were extremists, the other 2/3's didn't mind the British or simply just didn't won't war... one hell of Democracy, wasn't it?

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Colonists settled in America to avoid religious persecution. Federalists established the constitution after fighting Taxation without Representation. I don't feel like arguing. More like flaming...

=D
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

User Info Menu

BTW I said why the country was founded not why people came here.
    He is right thou, this country was founded for for religious freedom. Any history text book would tell the same thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    He is right thou, this country was founded for for religious freedom. Any history text book would tell the same thing.
    Did religious people write those text books?

I'm making a separate thread for this. Done
    Last edited by CoDeX; 10-12-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Did religious people write those text books?

I'm making a separate thread for this. Done
    Most non college level text books are written by religious people, College text books basically don't sugercoat history to make it favorable towards the reader, IE religion just becomes the "over lie" for most events in the world... so the world sucks and the lies over the lies... well they're most likely lies also, for a simple example see: "people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling and covered in a bastard glaze"

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

Re: Why the United States was founded.

Dude, I dont care what you read, the MAIN REASON this country was founded was to escape religious persectution, yes, taxation without representation was a part of it, but not as much a part as religious freedom. look it up.

People were being tortured, and having their family members raped over religious beliefs. it was one of the main contributing factors to the formation of this country.

And now racial profiling and religious profiling are amoung the worst problems in this country, slightly ironic when you think about it. Answer this question, if you got on an airplane, and three men walked on and sat in front of you, wearing clothes that would be categorized as "islamic" and they had beards, and headcoverings, would you feel worried?

----Added 13/10/2010 at 10:08 AM----
    the country was founded when the pilgrims came here, the pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, case in point, the country was formed to escape religious persecution.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Dude, I dont care what you read, the MAIN REASON this country was founded was to escape religious persectution, yes, taxation without representation was a part of it, but not as much a part as religious freedom. look it up.

People were being tortured, and having their family members raped over religious beliefs. it was one of the main contributing factors to the formation of this country.

And now racial profiling and religious profiling are amoung the worst problems in this country, slightly ironic when you think about it. Answer this question, if you got on an airplane, and three men walked on and sat in front of you, wearing clothes that would be categorized as "islamic" and they had beards, and headcoverings, would you feel worried?

the country was founded when the pilgrims came here, the pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, case in point, the country was formed to escape religious persecution.
    ok then what did the pilgrims do to the natives over religion... yeah people don't talk much bout that do they

User Info Menu

How old are you? You didn't take American History did you?

The country itself was not founded to escape religious persecution. Most of the northern colonies, which later became the US, were founded to escape religious persecution.

When have people been raped over religious beliefs? Give me a few examples.

Now? It's been there for a long time. Here is some irony for. The pilgrims aka Puritans who came here to escape religious persecution. They banned Quakerism from the Massachusetts Bay Colony. If you were caught being a Quaker you were either exiled or executed. [WIKI]Puritan Opposition to Quakerism[/WIKI]

No, I don't judge a person's character by their appearance, but rather the actions they make.

[quote=CoDeX]
    Quote Originally Posted by U.BeeN.StryKeD
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDeX
    Hi U.BeeN.StryKeD,

The post that you created in the following thread has been moved

================================================== ========================
    This country was founded because taxes w...
    New Thread: Why the United States was founded.
    ================================================== ========================

If you have any questions, you can ask an administrator for assistance

Sincerely,
    The Console Discussions staff
    Very mature. Does that make you feel better?
    The discussion was going off topic so I created a new thread to fix the problem. Thank you for acknowledging my maturity in the matter instead of driving the discussion furthermore off topic.
    Last edited by CoDeX; 10-13-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast