User Tag List

Thread: Let's Debate #1. [Console Modding]

Let's Debate #1. [Console Modding]

User Info Menu

Here we discuss topics related to the one in the thread title, this one is console modding, is it legal, or illegal?

Well here is my take on it. Its legal. I say it is 100% legal to purchase a console with your own money, for your own personal usage and do what ever you want to it and it and it still be 100% legal. Its your property, BUT if you mod it, go on to that consoles gaming network, such as Xbox LIVE, or the PlayStation Network, and begin to use the console mod to your advantage, like download games free that would normally cost money, mod online scores, or play pirated games on burned discs, then it becomes an illegal activity. So now I have a question, have we been breaking our own rule since day 1? We have been providing the people of this site with Xbox, PlayStation 3, Wii, and PSP mods for a long time now, not just normal mods, but "hacks", and pirated games as well. So what makes an illegal program such as a keylogger (a misused keylogger) any less legal than piracy? Does ConsoleDiscussions bend the rules for illegal gaming?

Lets debate.

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

. . . ISODISCUSSIONS it was working at one point, other than that there aren't any pirated games on CD.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Let's Debate #1. [Console Modding]

I've seen quite a few posts here on the site about ROMS, even a few containing ROMS, and emulators. Most of them have been taken care of I'm sure. And I realize it is hard to keep track of everything that people post here but the sum of everything I am getting at is, the current staff need to step up, myself included.

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.