User Tag List

Thread: What kind of server do you guys want?

What kind of server do you guys want?

User Info Menu

yes, that's right, I'm going to make a minecraft server for CD, mainly because I'll have an extra computer and my college's Internet kicks ass.What do you guys want?Do you want a more creative style server, with no mobs and health and the ability to spawn items? Or do you want a more survival like server with pvp, mobs and you'll have to mine stuff?The server will be whitelisted.

User Info Menu

Re: What kind of server do you guys want?

We should make it an actual survival server. Mobs and animals and such, but try to add some mods. If I would make a suggestion on the server type, I prefer Canary. I have quite a few mods that are very helpful. What are the specs on the said server if you don't mind me asking?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlienatedTailz View Post
    We should make it an actual survival server. Mobs and animals and such, but try to add some mods. If I would make a suggestion on the server type, I prefer Canary. I have quite a few mods that are very helpful. What are the specs on the said server if you don't mind me asking?
    It's a POS intel mac mini. According to my calculations it should be able to hold right around 8 players at a time. If you guys wanted just a plain old creative one, I know of a server that's a little buggy, but fucking fast! ( https://github.com/MostAwesomeDude/bravo )

If you guys want a survival one I was either going to use Canary or Bukkit

User Info Menu

I do like Canary, but it is slow on updating, and could leave the server down for a few days, because when Minecraft gets updated, then they have to update Canary. They are starting to get a little faster though. Canary is build off of H mod. I know how much you both hate bukkit, but bukkit is updated without hours of release of a new Minecraft.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    I do like Canary, but it is slow on updating, and could leave the server down for a few days, because when Minecraft gets updated, then they have to update Canary. They are starting to get a little faster though. Canary is build off of H mod. I know how much you both hate bukkit, but bukkit is updated without hours of release of a new Minecraft.
    Bukkit is ok now. Back when it first came out it blew chunks. IDK, I'll probably try a few different things when I get my server up and running fairly soon.

User Info Menu

Survival with safe zones.
    A log that logs minecrafters to figure out who's been griefing.
    Shorter nights.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CoDeX View Post
    Survival with safe zones.
    A log that logs minecrafters to figure out who's been griefing.
    Shorter nights.
    -Ok.
    -I don't think we'll need logs, it's whitelisted and there will be so few people on that if somebody griefs we'll know who it is
    -Ok.

User Info Menu

Well I know BB is on my blacklist... Greifer lol.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    Well I know BB is on my blacklist... Greifer lol.
    It's what I do.

User Info Menu

Glorious 46, I presume?