Soft-mod your wii 2010 and play/rip backup games via USB HDD

*K look, most of this is copy and paste cuz most if it is WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

i just did this to my kids wii, only after i did an official firmware update, but this guide is for hacking all wiis pretty much..even if it isnt hacked.
btw..Virgin wii means previously unhacked..but if you got one or the other it doesnt matter.
I WILL NOT GET INTO LOADING GAMES OFF A DVD...so if thats what you want..stop here.
this guide is just for softmodding your wii to be able to run homebrew and play games off a usb HDD..thats IT. This is THE EASY WAY
This will not "downgrade" your wii..you can google guides for that.

heres what you will need...

Hardware:
SD memory card 1-4 gigs. for real..nothing more, nothing less.
your wiimote UNPLUG THE NUNCHUCK
USB external HDD at least 100g
a disk copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl (ntsc)

Software:
winrar
SmashStack - game exploit
wii hackpack 1
wii hackpack 2
WFBS *
wiiflow -optional *

*WFBS is a game manager, you use it to load games back and forth from any wii to any computer that is running this.
*wii flow is my favorite game loader so far..altho the 2nd wii hackpack has usbloader gx and neo gamma included which do the same thing..
this video of wiiflow in action.

ok..so lets get started..

1-format your sd card and usb hdd.
partition your HDD making the primary volume at least 5 gigs. label both partitions whatever you need to. (noob tut)
install and run WFBS..plug in your hdd..on the top left click "refresh drive list", then left of that pick the drive you labeled thats the LARGER VOLUME and NOT THE PRIMARY. click FORMAT button..
youll get a pop up that says succesful..congratulations..your done with that
move on.

2. ok, lets get the sd card ready. plug that into your computer..make sure its empty, and UNLOCKED.
3. In the WII hackpack 1 folder, copy the 2 ELF files and paste them onto the root of the SD card.
4. from the SmashStack folder, copy the "private" folder paste it onto the root of the SD card. set that aside when your done and start up Super Smash Brothers Brawl on your wii with NO card inserted.
5. Delete any save game data you have on your wii for this game, then restart it.
6. Go to the stage builder, Delete all custom stages, Exit stage builder.
7. Insert SD Card, and go back to stage builder. if you did everything right then Hackmii will load up.
8. Install The HomeBrew Channel. BootMii IOS Installs Automatically
Read: If you paid, You have been scammed -Press 1

9 BACKUP..you can do this anythime at this point..o..btw..your wii is officially hacked..but theres more..
-
NAND Backup (Recomended)
1. Load HBC, press HOME, launch Bootmii
2. Make a nand backup
3. Press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use Gamecube Controller)
4. Eject=Left, Reset=Select, Power=Right
5. Backup your Bootmii files to your PC
sd:\bootmii
sd:\nand.bin
sd:\key.bin
*DO NOT LOSE THESE FILES*
If you want to load BootMii again at a later date, copy the BootMii files back to the SD Card
ok..almost done.. at this point you got your wii hacked, you can now format your sd card again..cuz youre about to load it up for use..its pretty much gonna look like your psp memory card..but different.
Homebrew channel..its pretty much your gateway to anything homebrew, its where youll go to install all your apps, and other software..

10. extract the folders from the WII hackpack 2 folder, and copy them all to the root of the sd
11. Start HBC, Load Multi Mod Manager
12. Select "WAD Manager" - Press A
13. Press (1) to "Install all Wads" - Press A
14. 19 wads should install without issue
15. "Press any button to continue"
Be sure all the wads install, very important
If the wads fail to install, install 1 at a time
16. Press B two times- main menu
*** anytime you need to load an app, a cios, or anything, its usually in .WAD format.
you can download WADS and put them in the X:\wad folder..then you put the SD card in wii, Run homebrew channel..launch BOOTMII, then find them in the directory (notice the directory is exactly whats in your sd card..HEYY...thats good)..then you can click on the wad you want to install then your done! shits EASY!!
For those having problems installing WAD's, Go to the HBC, press Home and load BootMii, then load the WAD's from there.
If that doesn't work, download and use IOS236 Installer.
17. Install Priiloader (Highly Recomended)
Priiloader is pretty much to the Wii what Recovery menu is for the psp.
1. Select App Manager -press A
2. Select Priiloader -press A
3. Read the warning- press A to install (some files will say they didnt work but thats fine)
4. Reboot wii, priiloader should load
5. Hold RESET ON YOUR WII after you turn on power to load Priiloader
6. Select Wii System Hacks
5. Enable "Block Disk Updates", and "Block Online Updates", others if you like
If you don't know what the hack does, you don't need it.
*error -106 is not an issue, and is expected*

18. LOAD UP YOUR GAME BACK UPS AND SET UP THE HDD TO LOAD ON WII..
extract HERMES installer, open the apps folder and copy the HERMES installer folder to your sd card in the X:\apps folder
For wiiflow-download, extract..then copy whats in the folder to the root of your sd as well. youll need a forwarder...thats what makes a channel on your wii for wiiflow..download one or all HERE and copy that to the SD card in X:\wad.

**wiiflow update..after installing, download, extract, and copy this to the root of your SD wiiflow2.2

now that you got that shit on your SD, put it in the wii..power up, launch HBC, then bootmii, and go to the wads folder and select the wads you put in..then click to install each one...exit to wii menu.

since my sons wii was so new and already updated to 4.3u, i need a few other things (wads) to get everything running right as far as the usb hdd goes.
heres a list of what i used
these are all WADS so you can pretty much safely install all of them anyway..thats what i did.
Code:
cIOS38_rev14-Installer.rar
cIOS38Rev17_Installer.rar
WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).wad
r92a-WiiFlow_249.zip
IOS236_Installer_v5.zip
USBLoaderGX_1.0_Installer.exe (use this to install an updated working version on your sd card..press YES if it asks you to overwrite any existing files.)
Plug your Wii HDD into the OUTERMOST USB PORT (lower or left USB port depending on Wii position). Power up Wii, from the system menu activate USB Loader GX. Load USB HDD. To rip game disc from Wii, push (+) button and insert game disc into Wii drive. Installing a game to the Wii HDD should not take more than 15-20 minutes.
but wiiflow can rip games from the wii to the HDD faster...
last step: copy the contents off your SD card onto the primary partition (brain) of your HDD..
keep your SD card..thats what your going to use to load apps from your comp to your wii via the HBC.
its still safe to save game data on it.

OK WOOT YOUR DONE!!!
explore the world of Homebrew channel now..its pretty awesome..
i will answer some questions if i can..but i did this pretty much in 2 hours from scratch. so im sure you can too. this process was pretty easy.and once your done you should be pro! since i did this ive easily hacked 2 other wiis since.

***HELPFUL VIDEOS WHERE I PRETTY MUCH RIPPED AND GOT EVERYTHING FROM*****

sorry this is kinda sloppy and long..but it works. theres alot of tuts on this out there, but youll have to peice em together to make sense out of them..i just did this cuz there isnt an up to date guide on this site yet.