User Tag List

Thread: Newbies Read This For Hacking Help!

Newbies Read This For Hacking Help!

User Info Menu

Exclamation Newbies Read This For Hacking Help!

Ok so you guys want to hack yes? Ok well heres how. A full fledged tutorial just for you new comers. Just to get everything straight please read the rules before posting anywhere on the forums. The rules are found HERE. Ok now on with the tutorial.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PSP. THIS TUTORIAL WILL WORK ON ALL PSP's LISTED EVEN ON TA 86 PSP's. NO ONE HAS REPORTED THIS TUTORIAL AS FAILING, BUT IF IT DOES IT IS NO ONES FAULT, BUT YOURSELF DO NOT BLAME ME. SO FAR THIS TUTORIAL HAS BEEN 100% SUCCESSFUL.

Starting To Hack

Before even starting to hack you need to make sure you can. So in order to do this do you have a custom firmware? If not do you have a PSP with version with 1.52, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, or 3.03? Don't know how to find your PSP version? It is simple, go to you PSP home menu A.K.A the XMB, go to settings, system settings, and system information. It should say "System Software" and after it will say your version number. If it says anything from 1.52 to 3.03 then it is downgradable to 1.5. If you have PSP version 1.5 then skip the downgrading step completely. If you don't then continue on.

NOTE: There is a way to downgrade 3.10 all the way to 3.50, but there have been to many bricks (Bricks make your PSP useless as a brick and there is no way to fix it.) therefor it is not safe although you may do it if you wish to risk it all the tutorial to downgrade 3.10-3.50 is HERE. Upgrade from 3.10 or above to 3.50 to make sure everything goes smoothly.
    Warning: I can not verify that it is safe since I have not tested it nor did I write the tutorial. The tutorial is from a trusted source, but he has not tested to see if the downgrader works period. So attempt it at your own risk.

Downgrading Process

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GRAND THEFT AUTO LIBERTY CITY STORIES THEN YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE WHICH MEANS YOU CAN NOT HACK.

Now with that out of the way download the necissary files in order to do the downgrading process

Download=HERE
    Password=GTALCSrequired

1.) If you have a 3.03 version PSP skip to step 6

2.) Download 3.03 update from HERE

3.) Place the file in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

NOTE: ms0 is the root of your memory stick. "MS Root" is the Memory Sticks root. Like when you first open the PSP in USB mode you see all those folders especially the "PSP" folder. Well if you open up your PSP in usb mode from My Computer its kind of like opening the MS Root folder. So when you go in the MS Root you'll see the PSP folder, go into it and you'll see the GAME folder, go into it and if you don't see the UPDATE folder the right click and rename it UPDATE with capital letters.

4.) On the PSP, run the 3.03 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.

5.) Delete ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

6.) Now open the files I had you download first. In order to open this file if you already have winrar then you can open it, if you don't then you can't open it unless you go to http://www.rarlabs.com and download winrar (Usually all PSP owners have this.) You'll see an "MS Root" folder. In case you didn't know the "MS Root" is the Memory Sticks root. Like when you first open the PSP in USB mode you see all those folders especially the "PSP" folder. Well if you open up you PSP in usb mode from my computer its kind of like opening the MS Root folder. So open both of those. Take all the contents of the "MS Root" folder and drag them into the root of your memory stick. DON'T DRAG THE MS FOLDER INTO THE ROOT!! Open the "MS Root" folder THEN drag everything inside of it to the root of your memory stick. If it helps just drag everything in the "MS Root" folder next to the "PSP" folder within your memory stick. So you are dragging a "PSP" folder next to your "PSP" folder in your memory stick. It should ask do you if you wish to overwrite click yes to all. These are the ONLY files you need on your memory stick.

7 - Load GTA LCS

8 - It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black
    and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself (if
    this does not happen see section below)

9 - Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to
    "System Information" and it should show up as system version 303 HEN

NOTE: If you do not wish/risk to downgrade and just want to run homebrew on your 3.03 PSP then STOP NOW. Do not follow the rest of the tutorial. If you do want to downgrade then keep going. (In order to hack you must keep going)

10 - If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and
    run the x.yz update

11 - If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be
    prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it
    can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed
    without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

12 - Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask
    for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to
    continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

13 - Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the
    PSP, or try and restart it

14 - Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

15 - If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press x
    to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the
    settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to
    step 18

16 - Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to
    restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config
    that was done automatically during the downgrade.

18 - All done now :-) Hopefully you now have a 1.50 PSP.

Upgrading To A Custom Firmware So You Can Hack

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY DAMAGE COMES TO YOUR PSP NOR IS ANYONE ELSE!! I HAVE TESTED THIS MYSELF BY USING MY OWN TUTORIAL. DOESN'T MEAN THERE AREN'T IDIOTS OUT THERE. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A NOOB AT THIS AIM ME AND I WILL HELP YOU.

As usual download the files you need
    Download=HERE
    Password=NewHomePage463

You can also get 3.52 M33 HERE

Installation: Transfer the PSP file from within the MS_ROOT's directory in the rar into the root of your memory stick. It should ask you to over write. Click "Yes To All". If you do not know what the "MS_ROOT" is by now the read this post HERE.

NOTE: If you install this and you have any OE custom firmware as in you are not installing this from PSP firmware 1.5 then you must make sure that you go into the recovery menu and enable game folder homebrew to 1.50 kernel so it can be loaded from the GAME folder. So in order to do this go into the recovery screen by turning off your PSP. Now hold "R" and turn the PSP back on while continuing to hold the "R" button. When you get a purple screen called Recovery mode you can let go of "R". Now go into Configureation. Find the setting Game folder homebrew and make it say Game folder homebrew (currently: 1.50 Kernel) Now restart your PSP.

Now exit USB go into the game folder and run the 3.40 OE-A Update. It should just take a few minutes. It exits in 5 seconds and your done. You may now delete the "340oeflasher" folder and "340oeflasher%" folder in the GAME folder.

NOTE: The installer will disable all plugins to avoid incompatibilities when booting. You can enable them again in the recovery menu. To get to the recovery menu just turn off your psp, now while the PSP is off, hold down the "R" button and turn you PSP's power back on. DO NOT LET GO OF THE "R" BUTTON UNTIL YOU SEE A BLUE SCREEN! When you see the blue screen you know for a fact 3.40 OE-A is successfully installed to manage your plugins just go to the plugin option.

REMINDER: If you don't know where to put your PS1 games they go in the GAME folder not the GAME150 or Game302. Make sure you put all the files in a folder before you place them in the game folder. So if the name of your game was DBZ th all the files for DBZ would go in the folder you created like this "ms0:/PSP/GAME" and you're done. Now just boot them up from the XMB under the game folder. If you don't have any PS1 games for PSP then here is your first one:

DOWNLOAD

If you wan more and you have 50 posts go HERE and download PS1 games.

AGAIN IF FOR SOME REASON YOU HATE 3.10 OE THEN YOU CAN UNINSTALL IT JUST GO HERE.

Hacking Installation

In order to hack you need to install CW Cheat. The installation for CWcheat is in the attachments below this post.

After download you'll see an "MS Root" folder. In case you didn't know the "MS Root" is the Memory Sticks root. Like when you first open the PSP in USB mode you see all those folders especially the "PSP" folder. Well if you open up you PSP in usb mode from my computer its kind of like opening the MS Root folder. So open both of those. Take all the contents of the "MS Root" folder and drag them into the root of your memory stick. DON'T DRAG THE MS FOLDER INTO THE ROOT!! Open the "MS Root" folder THEN drag everything inside of it to the root of your memory stick. If it helps just drag everything in the "MS Root" folder next to the "PSP" folder within your memory stick. So you are dragging a "SEPlugins" folder next to your "PSP" folder in your memory stick. It should ask do you if you wish to overwrite click yes to all.

REMINDER: I have installed a CHEAT.DB with the newest codes for FTB1 and FTB2 and a cheatpops.db with very few codes. So if you DO NOT want to overwrite the CHEAT.db or cheatpops.db I suggest you either backup your CHEAT.DB/cheatpops.db or delete them from the rar so when you overwite everything it doesnt overwrite your CHEAT.DB/cheatpops.db. If you do not do this you may lose a lot or ALL of your codes.

STEPS: Now exit USB mode. Now turn your PSP off, hold the "R" button. Then turn your PSP back on and continue to hold the "R" button. When you get a purple screen call the "Recovery Menu" you may let go of the "R" button. Now to enable CWcheat go to Plugins -> and press "X" on ms0:sepluginscwcheat.prx CWCHEAT Is now enabled.

REMEMINDER: IN ORDER FOR ANY OF YOUR CUSTOM PRX's TO BE ENABLED YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST. YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THIS STEP ONCE THEN YOU CAN JUST ENABLE YOU CUSTOM PRX's BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS ABOVE. IN THE RECOVERY MENU CLICK THE "Advance -> BUTTON, GO TO "Advanced configuration ->" AND ENABLE "Plain modules in UMD/ISO". CONGRATS NOW ALL YOUR CUSTOM PRX's INCLUDING CWcheat WILL WORK.[/color]

NOTE: To add other custom prx's just put them in the SEPlugins folder. Then go into the SEPlugins folder and edit the game.txt if you want your custom prx to load in the game, edit the VSH.txt if you want your custom prx to load in the XMB, or edit both if you want to use your custom prx in both the XMB and game. You can only have 5 custom prx's. 10 total (5 in the game.txt and 5 in the VSH.txt)

REMEMBER: game=load in game and VSH= Load in XMB.

How To Edit The game.txt Or The VSH.txt
    Just open up the text you want to edit. Then add you prx line so if you wanted to add screenshotbmp.prx then it would look like this "ms0:sepluginsscreenshotbmp.prx".

So right under "ms0:sepluginscwcheat.prx" make a "ms0:sepluginsscreenshotbmp.prx" it doesn't have to be in that order "ms0:sepluginscwcheat.prx" could be below "ms0:sepluginsscreenshotbmp" in the end your text looks like this
    ms0:sepluginscwcheat.prx
    ms0:sepluginsscreenshotbmp.prx

How To Hack

As of now, hacking is really hard. To learn what I now know has taken me over 6 months. I still have not been able to make anything creative on any game. I do however understand it enough to make Infinite Health. Sometimes with a little luck I can make some creative codes. Heres a video of some I made for Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

If you wish to hack like that and you really have the dedication the first thing you will need is PS2DIS you can get that via the Attachments below. Once you have that you need to read up on MIPs. Remember google is your best friend :). After you have read a bit about MIPs I suggest going to this site CodeMaster-Projects. Now this site is all about PS2 hacking, but since the PSP uses all the same system pieces then it will be basically the same. PS2DIS is actually used for the PS2, but the maker of it hasn't made a version specifically for the PSP, there really isn't any need to for it works just as good, and I am sure the person that created PS2DIS knows that. Just whenever you get stuck on CodeMaster-Projects refer to the MIPs pages you searched for in google. It really does help if you have some coding knowledge. If you are a complete Newbie and don't have any coding experiences don't expect to become an expert right away. I have coding knowledge of , PHP, HTML, HTM, CFM, Ajax, CSS, JavaScript I have to in order to run my websites. I have had them since I was 12 I'm 16 now. I also know some computer languages C, C++, some Visual Basic 6, and LUA. It REALLY helps to know computer languages especially C or C++ for they use MIPs. So I actually had some pre hand coding before I started hacking, anyone that just starts off making codes could spend at least a year or longer to get to my level. The best hackers around have been doing this for more than 5 years and have been coding before that.

Well good luck if there are any problems please post them in the Newbies Help section. Thanks and enjoy.

[COLOR=red][B]Tutorial is Copyright
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.