User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psp 2 confirmed?!

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Psp 2 confirmed?!

Not too many details now but it seems that a repacement is in the works.

"Dave Perry says PSP 2 is Real, Could Come by Fall
    Acclaim CCO says prototypes of a UMD-free PSP successor already exist.
    By Kris Pigna, 02/25/2009

Rumors of a successor to the PSP that'd eschew the handheld's propriety UMD format have swirled for a long time, and gained even more traction recently after Sony posted a job listing that mentioned an unreleased "new game hardware." Now, if Acclaim chief creative officer Dave Perry is to be believed, those rumors are just about confirmed: He says the PSP 2 is real, won't use UMDs, and could even be out as soon as this fall.
    "I hear Sony FINALLY has the PSP 2. And thank goodness, they've removed the stupid battery-sucking UMD disc drive. I'm excited!" wrote Perry in both a Twitter message and on his FaceBook page. Clarifying his remark with Kotaku, Perry said, "I spoke to a developer who is working on [the PSP 2] right now. I know this developer is already working on it, so that means they have a prototype. That would sound like a fall release to me."

Although Sony has yet to officially announce anything concerning a PSP successor, it'd be surprising if Perry's information was completely off the mark. Theories about a PSP 2 that'd use memory sticks (or an internal hard drive) and focus on digital game downloads have been bandied for years, and with the original PSP in its fifth year of release, the timing would seem right.

But until Sony finally decides they're ready to show their cards, we really won't know what they're planning. Could a reveal, perhaps, be coming at E3?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSP 2 Rumors Backed Up, Controls Detailed
    System will reportedly be slightly wider than PSP-3000 screen when closed.
    By Steve Watts, 03/02/2009

Another developer has stepped up to give credence to recent PSP 2 rumors, reports Eurogamer. An anonymous development source close to Sony claims that the system will contain a sliding screen that covers most of the controls. The system width will be slightly wider than the screen, but "significantly smaller" than the current PSP iterations due to the slide-screen. However, the source claims that the shoulder buttons will still be accessible in its closed state, so games that rely on them (like Loco Roco) will be playable. The report claims that Sony is working with developers to create more shoulder button-based games for the new device to take advantage of the functionality. The system in its closed state is also said to support media playback such as movies and music.
    The sliding screen over the buttons and rumored removal of UMD would result in a much smaller system. If these rumors are true, though, it doesn't seem likely that the revamp would solve the most common complaint about the PSP, the single analog nub. If the system is real and as far in development as we've heard, we're likely to hear official word from Sony at E3 this year.

Well It's coming and there are some details to what it will be like. Please Rep+ for the information!
    Clan needed...... PM me with your ftb2 name and clan info

::Want to be CD code tester::

PM me with any code you want tested and ill have it done asap...

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Re: Psp 2 confirmed?!

wtf psp is already at psp 4 aka psp4000

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I think it means a new generation of PSP.

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Poptart View Post
    I think it means a new generation of PSP.
    Yeah.

I might buy it. But for me it has to have:

TV-Out
    Hard Drive
    Better Graphics
    More updates (to stop hackers)
    More integration with the PS3.
    Ability to have PSN ID instead of individual games with individual names.

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ImMoRtAl- View Post
    wtf psp is already at psp 4 aka psp4000
    If you had any common knowledge and were not completely ignorant you would of read my post and realized i meant a new generation.
    Clan needed...... PM me with your ftb2 name and clan info

::Want to be CD code tester::

PM me with any code you want tested and ill have it done asap...

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Sounds bad ass. UMD Drives drain power? Must be why mine's lasting longer since i removed it (and placed a speaker in it's place).
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

sounds cool but ima stick with my psp. i like the 2001
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Wow, I like the UMD Free Part of it, But Mine is already like that take the drive out and use it as storage, lol. Well there is another cool idea from Sony, But Im sticking with my HACKED 2001. I noted the hacked because the new one will most likely have and unhackable Battery, and the MMS may also be a challenge. Any Ways Nice Post And Good INfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    Must be why mine's lasting longer since i removed it (and placed a speaker in it's place).
    Thats pretty cool..

Psp 2 confirmed?!

User Info Menu

Thats Impossible becasue the aren't any speakers the PSP speakers insert is different from any other plug in speaker. Unless you cut both ends, and soder it on to the preffered speaker. Could you make a vid cause i wnat to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast