User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resistance: Retribution | PS3 Owners READ!!!

Resistance: Retribution | PS3 Owners READ!!!

User Info Menu

Sony confirmed allowing the PSP use the PS3 SiXaXiS (also DualShock 3) controller play Resistance: Retribution with dual analogs but ONLY on Resistance. I hope they allow it to be used on other games. and L2, L3, R2, R3 have their own features.

here's the full story

The lack of second analog stick has been a PSP complaint since day one, and while it seems Sony isn’t adding one to the current PSP, the developers of “Resistance: Retribution” worked around it by allowing you to play the game with a Sixaxis — but it’s not a feature Sony says is going widespread just yet.
    “Resistance: Retribution” on PSP comes from Sony Bend, the same studio who produced the critically acclaimed “Syphon Filter” games for the handheld. The “Syphon Filter” games were highly praised for making a traditional console action game work on PSP, despite the lack of a second analog stick.
    Even though “Resistance: Retribution” is likely to carry over those positives, Sony Bend went the extra mile to develop a technology, called PSP Plus, that allows players to sync their existing Sixaxis controllers to their PSPs via “Resistance 2″ and control the action as though it were a dual analog experience.
    While receiving a demo of this new feature yesterday, we asked if other developers could implement it, as well. A Sony representative could not confirm the tech would be passed onto other studios, as it’s currently only in the hands of Sony Bend and the possibility hasn’t really been considered yet.
    It’s an interesting feature, but its usage depends on whether you play your PSP at home (and on a TV) or on the road. Would you get any mileage out of this?
    PSP Firmware:
    PSP Slim (Silver) - 5.00 M33-6
    PSN ID:
    ProJecTxShadoW
    Gone, be back soon .

User Info Menu

Re: Resistance: Retribution | PS3 Owners READ!!!

I can also confirm that the game will have PS3 DualShock support, as browsing the ram, the PSP has function linking back to DualShock, which since the PSP isn't DualShock... Must mean it's connecting to the PS3. However things could change and it could be removed in the release, but hopefully it is not.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

wow really? That is pretty cool
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!

User Info Menu

Uhh how is this going to work? PSP doesn't have bluetooth and I have never heard of a double sided mini usb so...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sure|Shot View Post
    They should have just named Resistance "Syphon Filter: Alien Edition" because that's what it is lol.
    lol true
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Uhh how is this going to work? PSP doesn't have bluetooth and I have never heard of a double sided mini usb so...
    good point... sony might make a new cord or something
    PSP Firmware:
    PSN ID:
    ProJecTxShadoW
    Gone, be back soon .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ProJecTxShadoW View Post
    good point... sony might make a new cord or something
    It's called WiFi lol... You can also connect it via USB... Wow I can tell someone doesn't have a PS3 lol.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

PS3 controllers aren't Wifi, they are bluetooth and you cant use a USB on the PSP because both the PSP and PS3 controllers are Type B Mini USB's and they dont have a double sided one of those

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    It's called WiFi lol... You can also connect it via USB... Wow I can tell someone doesn't have a PS3 lol.
    You mean bluetooth connection... not wifi. PSP doesn't have bluetooth!

You cannot connect that type of USB to the PSP Sony would have to make one for the PSP to connect to the ps3 controller.

look at your USB charging cord you can't connect it.

and Johnny I have a PS3! :dry:
    PSP Firmware:
    PSN ID:
    ProJecTxShadoW
    Gone, be back soon .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ProJecTxShadoW View Post
    You mean bluetooth connection... not wifi. PSP doesn't have bluetooth!

You cannot connect that type of USB to the PSP Sony would have to make one for the PSP to connect to the ps3 controller.

look at your USB charging cord you can't connect it.

and Johnny I have a PS3! :dry:
    If Sony makes a new psp to ps3 controller cord they will be soaking in money and not paying attention to games I hate sony im getting an xbox-360-elite :D

Rep If I Helped

I have won the award for being the only chick on CD with 10+ posts!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast