User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS-i

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

Nintendo DS-i

Even before Nintendo announced it, the DSi had been the talk of the town. According to our Japanese correspondent, the DSi will be 12 percent thinner, and will get rid of the GBA slot entirely. The DSi will also include two built-in cameras (one reportedly VGA resolution) and music playback. It will add an SD card slot and internal storage (we don't yet know how much) to enhance its multimedia capabilities. The screens are now slightly larger at 3.25 inches, photos can be synced to the Wii Photo Channel, and the unit will include a free browser application.

Nintendo is also launching the "DSi Shop" to sell content directly over Wi-Fi. Prices for the store, which are also tied into Nintendo Points, will use 0, 200, 500 and 800-point tiers. Until March 2010, 1000 Nintendo points will come bundled with the device.

Nintendo is calling the DSi a "third platform," implying that it's not competing with the DS -- though as a history lesson, the DS was originally a "third platform" against the now-retired Game Boy Advance.

The DSi will launch November 1 in black and white colors. It will cost ¥189,000 (approx. US $178 ).
    Can you say, "Bootleg PSP"?

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

Re: Nintendo DS-i

Yes I can.

Bootleg PSP - or FAILED attempt
    PSP Firmware:
    PSP Slim (Silver) - 5.00 M33-6
    PSN ID:
    ProJecTxShadoW
    Gone, be back soon .

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

I give it about two months, and this thing will be hacked worse than the PSP. Imagine the homebrews in it? Especially with two screens...

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

That will be crazy...

don't forget one of the screens is touch screen
    PSP Firmware:
    PSP Slim (Silver) - 5.00 M33-6
    PSN ID:
    ProJecTxShadoW
    Gone, be back soon .

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

I could imagine being able to run all kinds of homebrews on this thing. Emulators, ISOs, telephone calling, etc. I wonder how someone could make a homebrew that would fuck around with the camera some how and make it record video.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Why is it that no one belived me when I talked of DSI well over a year before it was announced in Japan and here we are talking about and its possiblities.

Next time I learn something I'll shut up until its out and act like everyone else.

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrigal View Post
    Why is it that no one belived me when I talked of DSI well over a year before it was announced in Japan and here we are talking about and its possiblities.

Next time I learn something I'll shut up until its out and act like everyone else.
    Well now we do. :D

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

thank u for that, the only thing I run on is validation, that and the hope I'll outlive Johnny.

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

it has a built in SD card slot!!!!! Damn homebrew is coming to this thing within a few days/weeks (I know it's out in japan, but the japanese guys don't want this thing, I mean really, look at them, they like hardcore video games, not crappy nintendo systems) but seriously, I might have to get one of these to fuck around with. Oh yea, and I heard it has upgradable firmware O_o

Nintendo DS-i

User Info Menu

this is just 2 awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast