User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the mac so safe now?

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Re: Is the mac so safe now?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    You're a noob CodeX, lol, these things pop up randomly - they don't last and the do practically no damage. : D

Mac won't always be safe, it will get fucked when it becomes the majority.
    uh, it will be very difficult for macs to get fucked by a "virus" thanks to the way unix is built

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Any idiot who can get a virus on a PC can get one on a mac.

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by angrybanana90210 View Post
    Exactly. If the user of the PC isn't an idiot and knows what they are doing it is hard to get infected with a virus.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by angrybanana90210 View Post
    Not necessarily. The primary way of getting viruses on Macs is via torrents & pirated software. People don't set traps for macs, they do it for PC. It would take that idiot a long time to succeed in failing on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    uh, it will be very difficult for macs to get fucked by a "virus" thanks to the way unix is built
    Again, not necessarily. As I said when the majority of the world is using Mac the majority of the skids and hackers will be too. If it has a line of code it can be hacked, reversed, and fucked.
    Last edited by BlackVenom; 06-15-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    Not necessarily. The primary way of getting viruses on Macs is via torrents & pirated software. People don't set traps for macs, they do it for PC. It would take that idiot a long time to succeed in failing on a Mac.

Again, not necessarily. As I said when the majority of the world is using Mac the majority of the skids and hackers will be too. If it has a line of code it can be hacked, reversed, and fucked.
    if it wants to do anything of any type of importance and not run in "userland" it will need to be root, how do you get to be root? IT NEEDS YOUR PASSWORD WHICH IT CAN'T GET UNLESS IT ASKS YOU FIRST, don't anybody fucking attempt to say "well hell, you could just get the password file and decrypt it" IT WON'T WORK THE KEY TO DECRYPT IT IS IN THE KEYCHAIN WHICH NEEDS A PASSWORD TO BE ACCESSED. If a program has an exploit it needs to be running as root if it wants to do any type of damage, and not many programs run as root. or it could install the "virus" when you install the program, however any idiot could easily see it, all you have to do is go into finder and hit the today button under search for then ta freaking da you can see everything opened, created, or modified in the past day

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

i feel almost postive now that my mac has some sort of infection, it runs ALOT slower than what it used to when i first purchased it, and often overheats to some extreme temperatures (not sure if that has anything to do with it)
    i have sufficient space remaining (80 gb) so its not like that is an issue.
    macbook pro. and i'm upset with its current performance
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Don't forget about the javascript exploit that they can inject this with for macs

Irony at it's finest

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine.+ View Post
    i feel almost postive now that my mac has some sort of infection, it runs ALOT slower than what it used to when i first purchased it, and often overheats to some extreme temperatures (not sure if that has anything to do with it)
    i have sufficient space remaining (80 gb) so its not like that is an issue.
    macbook pro. and i'm upset with its current performance
    you just have too much crap laying on the desktop

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    you just have too much crap laying on the desktop
    i dont have anything on my desktop
    literally, nothing
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Ratatat FTW!

User Info Menu

Whats the sense of arguing over an operating system(s)?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast