User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the mac so safe now?

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Re: Is the mac so safe now?

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    you guys are fucking stupid, the mac can't get hacked. hacking means to make someething do what it normally can't. Since apple allows you to write programs for it and have it do anything it is already "hacked" AND THEY CAN NOT GET VIRUSES, NOT NOW, NOT EVER. Why one might ask.. because osx is at the core UNIX, which can not get viruses, NOT NOW NOT EVER. IF you are wondering why refer to my above posts, which explains it
    i never said anything about it getting hacked...
    just wondering about infections and viruses
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

User Info Menu

i have to say this, although im not a mac fan, it is definitely more secure than windows. no matter what you say, its nearly as safe as linux. reason is, its designed to be safer, simply because unlike windows, you need the root password to write to system files. so short of giving out your root password for free, you're not going to get a virus/get hacked while on a mac. its simple. not because "nobody wants to make viruses for it," not because people who use macs are smarter, its because its designed to be more secure.

Light up the Darkness - Bob Marley

Is the mac so safe now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    wow, that article failed to mention the only way to get it in to install infected warez, I saw the same story on digg yesterday, but it was from a different site, macs are still safe and will continue to be thanks to the way is set up
    Im a PC user myself and always will be, but since most schools in the US now use Macs i kinda like having to use them for work and such. Thank heavens they are near immune to everything....except water.

CODE PORTER

User Info Menu

I didn't know schools use them in the US! That's pretty cool. I think macs will get viruses one day, because it isn't unheard of that people get round 'password protected shit' why should the root pass be any different?

Anyway, the point people were trying to make about no one 'wanting' to make viruses for the mac is this:

The mac is harder to make a virus for
    There are many PCs out there that are easier to infect and it is a wider range of people
    Why would someone do something that requires A LOT more effort and get less benefits
    Contact me if you want to play the EU version of SOCOM.

@People from the EU game: I dont hack. I sometimes hack back, but I am here to learn. If you are seeing this, then chances are you hack, sorry to those that dont ;)

I can spell SyKotik-KaNun :D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234