User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wii due by 2011

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

New Wii due by 2011

Apparently set to hit the market “by 2011” the new device is said to be the true “next generation” Nintendo console, and far more than a simple refresh of the current hardware. Unlike previous console transitions from Nintendo, the new system will be presented as a true successor to the Wii, and is being dubbed by those that have seen the presentation as “Wii HD.” There is no indication if this will be its eventual name, but the nature of the transition has been characterized as similar to “the shift from Game Boy to Game Boy Advance,” where familiar, key elements were left intact while the core hardware was made more powerful. It is expected by all those that we have spoken to on the subject that the new device will retain the Wii name in part.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: New Wii due by 2011

Thats cool I haven't been keeping my ear to the ground on Nintendo so for once I'm in the dark about this but that doesn't mean I haven't been looking forward to this

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

I don't think it'll a "next gen" console. Face it, the wii is revolutionary, there isn't much you can do to improve upon it. The only thing possible is to make it more powerful, but then it'll be more like the hardware trans. from gc to the wii, just a few new chips, a new os, and there we go!

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

the only good thing about a new wii would be super smash bros. that's the only game i like on the wii now, well except for mario kart but i dont play wii much anymore

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

I know one improvement for sure, that's the fact that there is HD, it has a faster processing speed, more internal memory, and it has sick black coloring. :D

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlienatedTailz View Post
    I know one improvement for sure, that's the fact that there is HD, it has a faster processing speed, more internal memory, and it has sick black coloring. :D
    the current one has HD though, granted it's only 420P, but it's still HD

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

Wanna see what it looks like?

That is damn sexy. :D

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

isn't that the image nintendo used to promote the original wii?

New Wii due by 2011

User Info Menu

yay...a new wii (lawl)

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    isn't that the image nintendo used to promote the original wii?
    It does look the same, but the changes are inside.

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast