User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Games Requiring 5.55 Firmware to play..

New Games Requiring 5.55 Firmware to play..

User Info Menu

Exclamation New Games Requiring 5.55 Firmware to play..

Hey guys,

I don't know if any of you guys know that most games coming out as of now are requiring you to have a firmware of 5.55 to play. One example of this is the US release of G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra game. It requires you to update to 5.55 firmware through the UMD itself to play it.

I looked around the web and so far there's no word on a 5.55 m33 or gen custom firmware, even the official update website of sony doesn't have the 5.55 firmware update.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon as there will be a lot of good games that we won't be able to play.. Can anyone say Gran Turismo, Soul Caliber Broken Destiny, Final Fantasy Dissidia, and SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3, just to name a few..

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

User Info Menu

Re: New Games Requiring 5.55 Firmware to play..

when did the game come out???

User Info Menu

Which one? G.I. Joe??

It just came out in the market.. There's an ISO available already for download but when you do download it and play it you get this error message. As for the actual UMD, it requires you to update to 5.55 firmware..

-_-Gifted-_-

User Info Menu

yea i tried that for a game from the sony website i downloaded, i had to swith to Gen to get a high enough firmware to play it, then i quit bc i like m33 better, payed for that game and i cant even play it!
    -_-GoDs_GiFt-_-
    I've Got The Gift
    Do you?
    What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
    ConsoleDiscussions Staff are like Police, Dont mess with them lol
    Rep Up If I Helped

Most Wanted

User Info Menu

lol where r u Dark-Alex hehe....-.
    HI man................. FU!

Rep+ Donate ! If i help

User Info Menu

Yup!

So far there's no news about Dark-Alex, so don't expect a new M33 firmware to come out pretty soon. Looks like you'll have better chances with the GEN firmware to make an update on the higher firmware that games are asking for these days.

There's a speculation that Dark-Alex is probably going to work on something big regarding the PSP-GO but i doubt it.. If ever, i would really like to have a custom firmware that can make the new games playable on hacked psp's.. I mean seriously, there are TONS of kick-ass games coming out for the PSP and it would totally suck if we can't play it.. :<

User Info Menu

If GEN and Team M33 have not come out with new firmware, maybe OE will pick up the leftovers...

User Info Menu

I dont know about the whole 5.55 thing. But already i have older games that my PSP wont let me play. Like resistance, it wont let me play that game at all anymore because i have to update my firmware. which i have 5.00 m33-6 which i thought would fix that problem :P
    T3AM Royal L3AD3R

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fallintears View Post
    If GEN and Team M33 have not come out with new firmware, maybe OE will pick up the leftovers...
    wasn't DA OE?

Most Wanted

User Info Menu

yes I just got G.I. Joe and it wont let me play it.. it say something like thie "the game could not be started 80024541" by the way im using ISO
    HI man................. FU!

Rep+ Donate ! If i help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast