User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.00 MAC-BETA Custom Firmware!!

6.00 MAC-BETA Custom Firmware!!

User Info Menu

Exclamation 6.00 MAC-BETA Custom Firmware!!

What do you guys think? Is it real or is it fake??

I'm not sure for myself, but this would be a breakthrough in custom firmwares if it is real.. I'll keep a close eye on this one and be posting more stuff if there's news about this one, hopefully in the coming week we'll hear more about this if it's real or just bull..

YouTube - Proof 6.00 MAC-B Isnt Fake!!!

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

User Info Menu

Re: 6.00 MAC-BETA Custom Firmware!!

Fake
    OFW just came out a day ago
    and wasn't other people trying to get cfw for 5.55 ???
    and yet they do it in a day?

also, noted in the comments, some of the features in 6.00OFW is missing in their version of cfw

AND they haven't played any 5.55 ISO's yet

Also, as I said in other forums, they sound like a bunch of retards

User Info Menu

idk 5uper looks real to me Im gonna do some investigating!

UPDATE!:
    I found this video to (watch and also click video and read description)
    YouTube - PSP 6.00 CFW (BETA)!!!!!!
    Last edited by xXDubstepXx; 09-13-2009 at 12:12 AM.

User Info Menu

This is completely right. I don't think that mack is lying. He's telling the truth though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skope View Post
    This is completely right. I don't think that mack is lying. He's telling the truth though.
    How do you figure? Right now without some features I say it's fake. Now if they used the decrypted 6.00 Firmware that Team GEN gave out then those files are already to go and they should have no problems implementing them into the new CFW right? Afterall the whole point of decrypting the files is so you can implement them into the CFW... There's still a possiblilty it's real, I mean I've seen a homebrew game written by a 17 year old for PSP that just kicked ass. So I'm not saying it couldn't be done, the fact is since they are out of high school (or in it) they probably don't have much coding experience, or if they did they didn't tell us. The fact is that if they do make 6.00 MAC they said it would be out in a few months, however by that time some other team will probably have beaten them to it and added + more features than they had. So I'm pretty sure the general PSP scene will not only go for the first firmware released, but also the one that is released by a well known team with the most experience.

Let's face the facts:

• No features from the 6.00 Firmware are shown
    • They seem to hide a lot of stuff (They tried to hide Network Update when it should have been System Update)
    • The Firmware Version could have been easily spoofed
    • Most of what was seen in the video could has easily been changed via a hex editor
    • The recovery is exactly like GEN, why not further change it to show that the CFW is real?
    • M33 and GEN are seen through the video a lot...

Now they should have known people would not have believed them without good proof. Look at DAX when he first started... I don't think anyone even know what CFW was lol and I'm sure without the proof DAX showed they would have all looked at him like he was the stupid one, but he thought ahead about people and how they can be on believing things that seem to good to be true.

So these guys OBVIOUSLY thought people would not believe them, why else make a video trying to prove themselves? So if they really wanted to prove themselves, why were they being so shady and why didn't they wait until they could actually PROVE everything with some actual working material?

Everything just points to fake.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

I know, my friend haves 5.50 GEN-A. This could possibly be fake or real. Because i see alot of things i never seen before like "Homebrew/Iso" on the game saves, or game data. Forgot what is called. :(

User Info Menu

itz called Game categeries (i think) maybe this is fake only time will time

User Info Menu

We'll see.. Like i said, i'll keep an eye out on this topic..

They said they'll be releasing new videos [proofs] by wednesday.. So we'll wait and see..

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

User Info Menu

It's not game categories, it's something like game data or game saves. It's below saved datas.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    How do you figure? Right now without some features I say it's fake. Now if they used the decrypted 6.00 Firmware that Team GEN gave out then those files are already to go and they should have no problems implementing them into the new CFW right? Afterall the whole point of decrypting the files is so you can implement them into the CFW... There's still a possiblilty it's real, I mean I've seen a homebrew game written by a 17 year old for PSP that just kicked ass. So I'm not saying it couldn't be done, the fact is since they are out of high school (or in it) they probably don't have much coding experience, or if they did they didn't tell us. The fact is that if they do make 6.00 MAC they said it would be out in a few months, however by that time some other team will probably have beaten them to it and added + more features than they had. So I'm pretty sure the general PSP scene will not only go for the first firmware released, but also the one that is released by a well known team with the most experience.

Let's face the facts:

• No features from the 6.00 Firmware are shown
    • They seem to hide a lot of stuff (They tried to hide Network Update when it should have been System Update)
    • The Firmware Version could have been easily spoofed
    • Most of what was seen in the video could has easily been changed via a hex editor
    • The recovery is exactly like GEN, why not further change it to show that the CFW is real?
    • M33 and GEN are seen through the video a lot...

Now they should have known people would not have believed them without good proof. Look at DAX when he first started... I don't think anyone even know what CFW was lol and I'm sure without the proof DAX showed they would have all looked at him like he was the stupid one, but he thought ahead about people and how they can be on believing things that seem to good to be true.

So these guys OBVIOUSLY thought people would not believe them, why else make a video trying to prove themselves? So if they really wanted to prove themselves, why were they being so shady and why didn't they wait until they could actually PROVE everything with some actual working material?

Everything just points to fake.
    Agreed, they are just trying to get the glory after m33 retired....

You know Johnny you sould make your own CFW, we should called McKinney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast