User Tag List

Thread: PSP Go DOA

PSP Go DOA

User Info Menu

PSP Go DOA

Some European stores are boycotting the PSP Go. They say the PSP Go is Dead on Arrival. Their reason? Apparently they don't want to sell a console that they can't sell games for. It's understandable. With Sony only having to deal with Developers it gives Sony a 70% margin for any items sold on their Playstation Network. I can understand some retailers point of view, after all if every new console switched to DLC there really wouldn't be a need of game retailers. Sure they could sell the systems and controllers and such, but it seems like if that happens they mind as well get a head start. They should just sell the console and make money now, instead of later down the road DLC taking over and being forced into selling the console. A few thought it was silly and one of them was Michael Pachter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pachter
    It's just silly for a retailer to say that they won't sell a big ticket gaming device because they can't sell the games. Consumer electronics stores sell refrigerators and not food, everyone sells iPods and not the music for them; this position is just ridiculous.

So what are you guys take on the whole thing?

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

PSP Go DOA

User Info Menu

Re: PSP Go DOA

I get what you meen

Personaly i think the release of psp go is just plain dumb (sorry to all psp go fans but i think so) first off its $250 you could buy a PS3 for $50 more. then you need to pay them more for downloading games which hurts the retailers and us because dont forget we are paying for the download and on top of that we are getting charged for internet usage at the same time. but the only upside in all this is all the retailers get to sell is the psp go but they deserve to sell the games too.

PSP Go DOA

User Info Menu

Re: PSP Go DOA

Quote Originally Posted by bluehornnet View Post
    I get what you meen

Personaly i think the release of psp go is just plain dumb (sorry to all psp go fans but i think so) first off its $250 you could buy a PS3 for $50 more. then you need to pay them more for downloading games which hurts the retailers and us because dont forget we are paying for the download and on top of that we are getting charged for internet usage at the same time. but the only upside in all this is all the retailers get to sell is the psp go but they deserve to sell the games too.
    I agree with you dude. I mean I like it and everything, but the screen is smaller, the buttons were slapped on and mushed together (SURE to give you cramps) and triggers just look weird. I bet if you drop it, it's going... going... gone.

Don't get me wrong, if I had one I would like it, but for already PSP owners... this just isn't for you.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.