User Tag List

Thread: No more GEN cfw?

No more GEN cfw?

User Info Menu

No more GEN cfw?

I was browsing on the almighty GEN forums when I came across this post from Yoshihiro:

So what does this mean?
    -As of now, any game that comes out which uses a new encryption key or method will not work on any firmware available now.

The scene was already dying, with Team GEN holding the bit of what's left together, giving the users the ability of using homebrew on top of being able to play your legit games which uses Sony's current encryption method on firmware lower than 6.20.

But, thanks to lamers ripping from their work, it seems that the last person that has the ability to give what many wanted, is throwing in the towel.

No more GEN cfw?

User Info Menu

Re: No more GEN cfw?

With Socom FTB3 coming and all these other games coming out, I'd claim to leave too. Don't you find it suspicious that when Yoshihiro decides to leave, the release date for Socom FTB3 gets pushed back AGAIN?

He's just thinking ahead. As soon as Socom FTB3 comes out, Yoshihiro will be back. Plus even if he does leave, Team GEN is still around... I mean they aren't a one man army. They are called TEAM GEN for a reason. I mean yes Yoshihiro is very valuable to them, but I'm sure they can hold out and release some stuff until Yoshihiro comes back or something. Plus you have to remember this:

THIS IS A RUMOR!

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

No more GEN cfw?

User Info Menu

i agree but if there is no more GEN, atleast kids can actually play legit now without booting before they lose

No more GEN cfw?

User Info Menu

I think they weren't talking about GEN, it was M33. Look closely at the picture.

I no longer play PSP until I get my PSP fixed
    Former games I've played: SWRS,FTB1 & 2,R:R

site n00b

User Info Menu

yeah but it said 5.00 m33-8 and its 3000 CFW??? kinda confusing, i think this was pieced together by someone to start rumors

No more GEN cfw?

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree, and if you look even close'ser, you can clearly see the "Re:" simble. I believe that Yoshihiro was just replying to a post to some noob maybe, I don't think he's really leaving, he was just giving his own opinion to that person thats all.
    Above:
    "A person with no life..."

Below:
    "A person that has a life..."
    Note: Both accounts are mine
    , so feel free to add me on PSN! ^_^