User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Patch for FTB3 online ?? Here's Why

site n00b

User Info Menu

No Patch for FTB3 online ?? Here's Why

I know everyone remembers the first time they played Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PSP, It was a great game right ? Yes it was, i ran with my clan and we had a blast all night playing game after game with no problems at all. You would see an occasional hacker but it was an interesting encounter. Like SANiK with the pspbricker, everyone was all "WOW you are god" "Tell me how" , but that ended quickly with the release of common boot codes.

The game quickly turned into a nightmare with noobs running around booting rooms and crap. Then Poor released his anti-boot which worked perfect.... Until the assholes came back and bypassed it FTB2 went back into the dark ages with booting and hacking in every game. Then along comes slant6 and patches the game to ban cheaters, well in doing that they made it possible for hackers to use certain codes to ban others on the game. In my opinion that was the demise of FTB2, the banning single handedly killed the want to play the game. Since then it has become a chat client for most staying in locked rooms just talking to friends, no gameplay involved. YAY that sounds like fun....

Now FTB3 is coming out and we are gonna try to do the responsible thing and hopefully prvent hackers from getting on PSN. The few that can patch the games to get on PSN played FTB2 and more than likely don't want a repeat in FTB3, that's whythe patch will not be released publicly. Of course this is assuming the patch even works with the game (which it seems to). If it does work and allows PSN access there will hopefully be a cheat detection system in place, one that won't allow users to ban each other. If this is the case and it works effectively we will consider releasingthe patch for the game. We are not being mean or assholes by not making the patch we are simply trying to prevent the nightmare scenario from FTB2 and if you played FTB2 i'm sure you would agree 100%. I hope everyone understands and i'm sure the only ones bitching about this will be the one we are trying to stop from getting on. We understand the not wanting to use OFW to play the game and that's why we will consider releasing it if the game has cheat detection. We aren't trying to discourage the use of CFW by any means, just trying to stop the assholes from ruing what looks to be a great game...

User Info Menu

Re: No Patch for FTB3 online ?? Here's Why

Well good luck with that idea... hackers are already online the JAP version and its not that hard to add a update file for ftb3 in your enabler folder, lol.
    CLOSED FOR THE SEASON

site n00b

User Info Menu

how did you get online????
    i just found this post at AIOlab or w/e

User Info Menu

You need the update patch (jap patch) to put in your psnabler folder. You'll need it for the USA version too if you have custom firmware or no online for you.
    CLOSED FOR THE SEASON

site n00b

User Info Menu

wheres the update patch?

----Added 12/2/2010 at 8:29 PM----
    if you haven't noticed alot of people are trying to figure out how to get online so if you know help would be appreciated

User Info Menu

I completely, 100% agree with the whole "no-hacking" thing. I tried playing FTB2 24 hours before the release of FTB3 and I played for a total of five minutes before the room was booted.

That being said, I think it's ultimately unfair that I have to download OFW to play the game. Unlike other people, I use the CFW for its other uses rather than for hacking games. I just find that it's unfair that all of my work in terms of downgrading my PSP and finally getting CFW are going to go to waste, as well as all of the programs, the countless memory sticks, and the countless games I've downloaded that contribute to my CFW in some way.

Regardless, I just dropped $40 on this game, so I'm still debating on whether or not it would be worth it to just get rid of my CFW.

User Info Menu

youc ant patch this game because to access the online mode you have to go to the playstation store and inter the redeem code and it downloads online mode so i dont think psnabler or anythings gonna work

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aa72on View Post
    youc ant patch this game because to access the online mode you have to go to the playstation store and inter the redeem code and it downloads online mode so i dont think psnabler or anythings gonna work
    what???? Are you sure you don't mean enter the redeem code to purchase the actual game, because for the japanese version I got it to work
    Last edited by B1G_BR0TH3R; 02-16-2010 at 08:02 PM.

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Wow I've heard this Before. Why don't you just enter the code and then upload the online mode??? It should be that simple

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
    Wow I've heard this Before. Why don't you just enter the code and then upload the online mode??? It should be that simple
    if this is true (which could be for the US version, but wasn't the case for the japanese, then again I can't understand japanese...) Then there'll be some sort of encryption/key in it that we'll need to decrypt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast