User Tag List

Thread: PSP NGP (Next Generation Portability)

PSP NGP (Next Generation Portability)

User Info Menu

The Next Generation Portability PSP NGP is going to be released soon. With higher resolution, dual analog sticks (no nubs!), touch screen, rear touch screen, and a quad core processor, this will bring portable consoles to a whole new meaning and level.

Betcha didn't think this day would come, but it finally has. Sony has just come clean with its next-generation PlayStation Portable. It's actually codenamed NGP and will revolve around five key concepts: Revolutionary User Interface, Social Connectivity, Location-based Entertainment, Converging Real and Virtual (augmented) Reality. It will be compatible with the PlayStation Suite and is backwards-compatible with downloadable PSP games and content from Sony's PlayStation Store.

Specs include a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 5-inch touchscreen OLED display with 960 x 544 resolution, dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation), 3G, WiFi, GPS, a rear-mounted touchpad, the same accelerometer / gyroscope motion sensing as in the PlayStation Move, an electronic compass, and cameras on both the front and back. Available this holiday season. Wait... what?!
    Sony NGP detailed hands-on

Games will come on "new media," not UMD anymore, but we're unclear on what sort of flash memory is being used. Sony's rather proud of the fact it's offering the world's first dual analog stick combo on a portable device, though we're more geeked about the quadrupling of pixel count from the original PSP.

Sony's live event has been graced by demos of some pretty popular games, including Killzone, Resistance, Little Big Planet, and Uncharted -- with the latter serving as a demo platform to show off how the NGP's rear touchpad can be used to more intuitively climb up some vines. That touch panel on the back is the same size and positioned directly under the front OLED touchscreen, which allows for some pretty sophisticated controls when using the two simultaneously.

The new console's UI will be called LiveArea, which has a bunch of vertically navigable home screens and built-in social networking through PlayStation Network. You can jump between games and the LiveArea without losing your progress and comment on your buddies' great feats of mobile gaming.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: PSP NGP (Next Generation Portability)

If it's under $300 I'm totally getting it. It looks kick ass!

User Info Menu

Quad core? Fuck. That PSP has a better CPU then my computer's Dual CPU @ 2.00 GHz.

I'm undoubtedly buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

QUAD CORE?!?!?! Holy shit dude! Thats better than the Xbox 360! The 360 has only 3 cores in its processor. LMFAO aw man thats too good. I wonder what the 360 fanboys have to say about a portable device being better than their Shitbox.

On a more serious note, that truly is incredible. I gotta give it to Sony, (again) they never cease to amaze me.
    Last edited by SyKotik Cannon; 01-29-2011 at 01:59 AM.

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

Ima go get it too, but it better support more than PSP games. I want to see high end graphics.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.