User Tag List

Thread: Android Virus DroidDream

Android Virus DroidDream

User Info Menu

Android Virus DroidDream

Protect yourself from Droid Dream virus with DroidDreamKiller. It's an app that prevents the popular app from installing.

YOU MUST BE ROOTED!

*Unrooted phones can still be affected by the virus, protect yourself today!

I asked our resident hacker to take a look at the code himself, and he’s verified it does indeed root the user’s device via rageagainstthecage or exploid. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg: it does more than just yank IMEI and IMSI. There’s another APK hidden inside the code, and it steals nearly everything it can: product ID, model, partner (provider?), language, country, and userID. But that’s all child’s play; the true pièce de résistance is that it has the ability to download more code. In other words, there’s no way to know what the app does after it’s installed, and the possibilities are nearly endless.
    Justin pinged a contact at Google to bring the issue to their attention. In the time I’ve proofed this post, they’ve already checked the apps and are planning on pulling them from the Market [Update: holy cheeseballs, they've been pulled already! Took less than 5 minutes from first contact to pull!], as well as remotely removing them from user’s devices. Unfortunately, that doesn’t remove any code that’s already been backdoored in.
    Let’s hope they’re quick to react – this is the ultimate Android Trojan to date, and it’s already been downloaded over 50,000 times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Android Virus DroidDream

User Info Menu

Re: Android Virus DroidDream

Thanks for this! I'm gonna give it to all my friends who have the Android! :D

C# Developer and GFX
    Spoiler

Contact me at - [email protected]