User Tag List

Thread: Vita and PS3 Interoperability

Vita and PS3 Interoperability

User Info Menu

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I feel like a bit of a moron here. Although I'm ultra pumped to get a Vita back to my place to jam the bejesus out of it, I had no idea it was capable of playing select PS3 games. I know, super weak on my part. Wipeout 2048 is one of those select titles which I will certainly be picking up. Anyway, I found this out today when I read an article stating that the device will support something called "Continuation Play" meaning you can save a game on your PS3 or Vita and then pick up wherever you left off on either one of the devices. That's pretty dope. Ruin will be the first game to offer Continuation Play on both devices.

Another cool interoperability feature between the devices is that the PS3 will be able to send data down to the Vita and have it displayed on the handheld. This is useful when taking advantage of the gyroscope and the front and back touch related features on the device when playing PS3 games. This is sort of the same deal that the Wii U is incorporating. The major difference however is that Vita will handle all the CPU cycles required to accomplish this task rather than demanding more from the PS3 itself. Not sure how many AAA titles will feature this but I'm sure a shitload of PSN games or minis will incorporate these features.

The Vita's launch data has yet to be announced but Blockbuster recently may have let the cat out of the bag by announcing an October release date for the device. We'll keep you posted as any new details emerge.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Vita and PS3 Interoperability

ಠ_ಠ Regardless I'll be getting one (depending on the quality of the launch titles)

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

haha yha I knew about this for a long while. Its... interesting.... haha I wanna get one but I wanna wait until it's somewhat cheaper

User Info Menu

I really really want one... but I want to hear what games they are making for it first. But either way I might just be picking it up anyways considering its so new and Id like to get back into portable gaming again when the time is right.