User Tag List

Thread: Making text mod's

Rishay-87

Making text mod's

Could someone plz plz plz post a quick tutorial on how to make a text mod...(I WANT TO CHANGE A FEW THINGS IN FTB2)

PLZ HELP
    THX

Making text mod's

User Info Menu

Re: Making text mod's

yes i want too

Making text mod's

User Info Menu

Re: Making text mod's

How to create a text modification code

In this tutorial I will be showing you guys how to make a text modification code for FTB2. It can be done on other PSP games but you will need the dump of that game.
    The word we will be modding is "GAME LOBBY" seen in the pre-lobby at the top of the screen but we are going to make it say "LAME BOBBY" :D

For this tutorial you will need to download PS2DIS and the Socom FTB2 1.6 Dump

Also, if you dont know all the hex values for numbers, letters and such, download For the complete set of Hex Codes download THIS. It is a complete hex values chart I prepared for this tut.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. First open PS2DIS and load your FTB2 1.6 Dump.

2. Press ctrl + F (Edit > Find Patteren) to toggle string search and type (in caps) "GAME LOBBY" (without quotes) then press ok.

3. Press B three times until the whole word "GAME LOBBY" is spelled downwards on the right of PS2DIS.

4. Double click the top line or the line with the value of "------47", then change the "47" in the box that comes up to "4C", (making "G" into an "L") then press ok [See Image for more details].

5. Now double click the 6th line down or the line with the value of "----4c--", then change the "4C" in the box that comes up to "42", (making "L" into "B") then press ok [See Image for more details].

6. Now highlight (click once) the top line (The line we made "G" to "L") and press C for as many times as you pressed B (three times) until there is no more "byte" registries.

7. You should now be on the forth highlighted line from the top, if you not then you did something wrong. The three lines above this line are your finished code. I typed it out for you guys but if you want to do it your self you just take those lines except with 0x in the front of each one and a # sign before the title like this:

#LAME LOBBY
    ;text mod
    0x005888dc 0x454d414c
    0x005888e0 0x424f4220
    0x005888e4 0x54005942

For the complete set of Hex Codes download THIS