User Tag List

Thread: Porting DMAs... US>>>EU

CODE PORTER

User Info Menu

Porting DMAs... US>>>EU

I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Linblow View Post
    DMA codes can be ported, it's easy, you have to know WHAT data to port in the EU format.
    and this:

Quote Originally Posted by As Known As View Post
    Lol just refind that pointer location by porting the jump then re-find the offset and then add the data and your good to go. Though I dont have a EU dump anymore

But I dont really understand the explanation, so could someone help me?

----Added 24/7/2009 at 4:12 PM----
    I just need a simple (ish) explanation of what to with an addy surrounded by NOPs...

Anyone? (I know I should wait but there is a specific code I would like to port, just to show off really...)

----Added 25/7/2009 at 11:13 AM----
    This has been a while now, if it is impossible then please say so, but I should get an answer...

Porting DMAs... US>>>EU

User Info Menu

Re: Porting DMAs... US>>>EU

an addy surrounded by nops is a routine, it is something that is written into the game to load the addys/values and call them por say when you hit a button ( a joker)

easiest way is to get the code out of the routine, port the code, then remake the routine..

about DMA's..

lets say it looks like this

#US Y-Coords
    0xFFFFFFFF 0x00505858
    0x0000001c 0xc2660000

you port the address 00505858, then you find how far away from the ported address, the code is that you want the effects.

so i would port 00505858, then go down until i can find my Y coordinate.

Socom 24/7

User Info Menu

I tried to port a few codes and i forgot to backup >.< lMFAO
    My first time porting was fun :P
    Im like i can do it! i cant wait till im done imma own!
    until bam i fucked up big time :p

CODE PORTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 |-|4xXx07zD View Post
    an addy surrounded by nops is a routine, it is something that is written into the game to load the addys/values and call them por say when you hit a button ( a joker)

easiest way is to get the code out of the routine, port the code, then remake the routine..
    Great, thanks. I now understand how to port DMAs, however I am not 100% sure about what you mean for the routine. I have no experience making routines and stuff like that, so are there steps I need to take for that?

Do you take the hex value and port it? And then what after that? lol, sorry I am quite new to this, but I am learning quickly.

Porting DMAs... US&gt;&gt;&gt;EU

User Info Menu

remember since the address such as 00505858 is a pointer(j=jump) and that data moves you WILL have to port it differently then you re find the offset(distance from the pointer location to where it jumps too) and then wa-la thats your code. The subroutine part is very easy to do.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

so say i want to dma a boot code or something how would i do it?

User Info Menu

Port the pointer, offset will be the same.

If you have an idea on a PSP related program that is ran on Windows PM me with some information on your idea please.