User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Joker Codes 1.6

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

How to Joker Codes 1.6

-----------------DOES NOT TURN OFF----------------------

alright imma give you a outline...

first obviously u need ps2dis opened. then drag the 1.6 update into ps2dis. itll say load from and address from.both are zero. change address from to 08800000. then go to an open spot in the game

NOTE:this means a place where it is all nops but still blue. ie i go to 08801800. ull see what i mean. to jump to 08801800 press g and then type 08801800, then enter.

okay now that u are there u actually start to joker. if u double click on 08801800 a box will pop up. at the bottom of it youll see command and it should be 'nop'... thats called mips. nop stands for no operation.

Note: for a joker to work it must have a controller address. which is the address the button value will be stored on. basically the address for the buttons. now ive seen 2 but actually found one myself. its 09a80230, ive also seen tonic using 09a8e1e4, i dont think it matters. correct me if im wrong. well anyways here is what u wanna fill into the first command box(note:if its on a diff line it goes into the next command box:

lui t0, $09a8 <----loads 09a8 into the first register
    lui t1, $08d6 <----loads the first four of flashes address
    lh t0, $e1e4(t0) <----loads the last half of the controller address into the first register(its now 09a80230
    lw t2, $fa2c(t1) <----loads the second half of flash into register 1(its now
    ori t3, zero, $8000 <----button value for square
    bne t0, t3, $(t0 the jr ra address) <----if 09a80230(or 09a8e1e4) doesnt equal 00008000 then end the function
    (skip a line because of branch delay)
    lui t4, $4000 <----loads the modded value for flash into flash
    sw t4, $fa2c(t1) <----stores it into the address
    (skip another line)
    jr ra <----end the function

okay now a little bit of MIPS. here are the definitions of the commands we used:

lui = load upper immediate, used to load the first four digits of a code
    lw = load word, used to load the last four digits of a code
    lh = load halfword, used to also load the last half digits but use the same register rather than using another register.
    ori = or immediate, used to load many things ie, button values, last four digits onto a register etc.
    bne = branch if not equal, used to tell the game something is not equal to something then end the function(the opposite is beq=branch if equal, then you branch to the modded value)
    sw = store word, used to usaully store value hexes into the address(not sure if used for other things)
    jr ra = honestly dont know but used to end a function. ill found out wwhat it means and will post it.

--------------------------TURNS OFF------------------------------

alright here is a joker that turns off upon release

lui t0, $08d6 <---- loads first four digits of flash into t0
    lui t1, $09a8 <---- loads first four digits of controller address into t1
    lw t2, $e1e4(t1) <---- loads second half of controller address into t1(BTW the full address is now in t2 not t1)
    ori t3, zero, $8000 <---- loads squares button value
    bne t2, t3, $to the original value <----- says if the controller address isnt equal to 8000(square) then go to the normal value and stay normal(kinda lol?)
    (skip)
    lw t4, $fa2c(t0) <---- loads last four digits of flash into t0
    lui t5, $4000 <---- loads modded value into t5
    sw t5, $fa2c(t0) <--- stores t5 into t0 in other words making the value 40000000
    j $to the end of the function <--- jumps to the end to skip adding original value cause then it would just immediately turn off
    (skip)
    lui t6, $3f80 <--- loads normal value into t6
    sw t6, $fa2c(t0) <--- stores value into flash
    (skip)
    jr ra <--- ends function

Hope i Helped and plz Rep+

feel free to ask any questions also notice how it doesnt add the normal value unless the contoller doesnt equal square. it just skips it and IF it does equal square then it skips adding the modded value and goes streight to the normal value
    Last edited by GodzMercy1337; 12-16-2008 at 01:14 AM.
    The Great Don't Achieve Greatness By Doing Nothing..

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

Re: How to Joker Codes 1.6

Good job on the tutorial. =)
    But what if you need to load the second modded value of your code and in what area do you find your hooks?
    Last edited by Silve® Solde®; 11-30-2008 at 06:44 PM.

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

well then you would do lui t(whatever), $(whatever the first part is)
    then ori t(the same register), t(the same register), $(last four)
    then the same wit everything else.

btw jr ra means jump register return address 'jumps to the return address

also dnt 4get to subtract 08800000 from all ur addresses. and put all the addresses in real(address+08800000) so flash is normally 0055fa2c(well in real its 08d5fa2c
    Last edited by GodzMercy1337; 11-30-2008 at 06:47 PM.

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

Thanks. But is there a certain area hooks that you use? Or do you nned the hook?

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

oh you need the hook absolutly. w/o it the code wont work. um. lets see. ill find you a hook. lemme look through ps2dis for a min

----Added 30/11/2008 at 4:51 PM----
    ill give you an example. gimme a code to joker and you could follow off that example. plz make it a short one. long codes take too long

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

No, what I am asking is if there is a way to search for hooks and use them in your code. Like which of all the hook addresses should I use?

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

um you search for them in ps2dis. take a function that is constantly called and use its jr ra.

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodzMercy1337 View Post
    Note: for a joker to work it must have a controller address. which is the address the button value will be stored on. basically the address for the buttons. now ive seen 2 but actually found one myself. its 09a80230, ive also seen tonic using 09a8e1e4, i dont think it matters.
    Thats the 1.5 controller address. Its actually 09a7e1e4 but you bump the address up 1 if the second half is for than 7fff. You know what i mean :P but good tutorial. There is many ways to joker and the one I learned off it uses a BNE if its not equal and jumps to a couple lines after where it stores the original i think.

But do you expect the guys on here to rep + you.? Unless they have more than 100 posts they will ask you what that is.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

posts dont matter i still know what im doin and they should recognize im helping them and rep+...

How to Joker Codes 1.6

User Info Menu

They leech & spam to get their post count up and don't know anything. But good tut im gonna make me a joker now.

& I wasn't talking about your posts. I was talking about theirs. Your familiar with VB from TSH.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast