User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting started with PS2DIS

Getting started with PS2DIS

User Info Menu

This is just how to get the game of your choosing loaded so you can start browsing and editing the code.

1. Get PS2DIS Ver.0902090408 BUILD #35 from the attachments below
    2. Open it up. (ps2dis.exe inside the ps2dis099_23 folder)
    3. Take a dump from the Game Dump section. (You can also make your own dumps using NitePR)
    4. Drag it into PS2DIS.
    5. Should say load from 00000000, just click ok.

You should see a bunch of numbers starting from 00000000

The numbers in on the left are addresses and the numbers on the right are values. Let's look at format for a code

#Code Name
    0xAddress 0xValue

Now back to the image

See the highlighted row? (Dark Blue background) Well that's the code for Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow Melee=Boot. Do you see it? 00180CB8 is the address so it would go in as 0x00180CB8 now if 27BDFFF0 is the original value that means if you melee someone they would receive their damage. So you want to change the value to the value that would cause someone to get booted and that value is 03E00008. So plugged into the code the value would be 0x03E00008. Now here's the finished product:

#Melee=boot
    0x00180CB8 0x03E00008

Now this is probably where you are going "Ok now how do we know what address we are looking for and what value to change it to?"

To better understand what to look for you should read up on MIPS. I learned a pretty good bit from google and the book "See Mips Run" by Dominic Sweetman, which you can get HERE:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NBZWA08U

Looking back at the Melee=boot area in PS2DIS (Remember the area with the Dark Blue background is the Melee=Boot part) you will see "addiu" this is the name of the MIP. Now the "sp, sp, $fff0" is the action the MIP performs. You will understand this better as you learn about MIPS. Good luck and have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Happy Kwanzaa.

User Info Menu

Re: Getting started with PS2DIS

So, does this allow you to create and edit codes?

iNS Member

User Info Menu

yeah it allow you

-.iNSaNe-.
    vote for -.iNSaNe-.pr5 for mod

You may know me as -.iNSaNe-.JP_72_O

User Info Menu

ps2dis is confusing as hell man.
    i draged a game dump into it and
    i was too confused to do anything
    but click the X lmfao

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

This Is Very Helpful, I Managed To Do It :D

User Info Menu

yea i got it. i think? i make my own codes for killzone and other games but for me itz easier to do in nitePR. i thought you were supposed 2 start a 0880000 for ps2dis? and im having trouble with refferers

User Info Menu

Invoke the analyzer for refferers and not always.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

yeah i did that and same problem but i have to look in to it when i have time but ill use nitePr for now its basicly the same if you understand

User Info Menu

No its not close to the same, you can't see the function in nitepr thats pretty much the most important part for any joker, you have to use PS2 Dis unless your good and know what your doing, not really any beginners could.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

well ya thats true but im having trouble with only that one game cause i made codes for socom jokers and all until i quit and stoped using ps2dis and started using exact value,text searcher and the decoder easy but slow and annoying at times (crashing) guess ill remake my dumps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast