User Tag List

Thread: PSP Battery in charger

PSP Battery in charger

User Info Menu

PSP Battery in charger

Well, my battery can only let me play for about an hour, then I gotta charge it for like another 2 hours. So, I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on if it is ok to just keep my psp forever in my charger? Is taht bad for the battery or what?
    Socom FTB2 AKAs:
    IvIj2.jJaIV-.-X
    zZ.O.j2.E.O.Zz
    octopus88 (So I can be a noob once more ^_^)
    -.jJj2eDaToj2.- |More smiles! :laugh: P.S. I got more AKAs
    D:\Oshada\My Pictures\wow....jpg

PSP Battery in charger

User Info Menu

Re: PSP Battery in charger

Well, it looks like your battery is already messed up, probably by because you've left it on the charger to long before. I don't think it will do any more damge to your battery, but what uo can do is just take the battery out and plug in the charger. The PSP will still run with the charger in it, so you don't have to have the battery in it as well.

+Rep if I helped
    Socom FTB2 name: Rubicon_R3dneck (L)
    Clan: [*OTSS*] *Only The Strong Survive*
    Don't try me, im no where near close to a noob

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

how long have you had your battery? I had mine for about 2 years then I got a new one because of the battery life getting to so little time. and I had to get a new one anyways because I made the old battery into a pandora battery

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

PSP Battery in charger

User Info Menu

sounds exhausted. just get a new one. if not, be careful that's a fire hazard. exhausted battery's are more likely to explode.

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

just find a cheap one online.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

PSP Battery in charger

User Info Menu

also cheaper batteries are more likely to explode

PSP Battery in charger

User Info Menu

Dude, i found something in the net. It might probably help you in some ways though i'm not sure myself if it is really good or bad. But personally i think it's good. Cause so far so good, im not having any problems & im using it 4 over 3wks now.

Now dude here's what you need to do, you'll need to use your PSP without the batt. Instead you'll be using your charger as a source of power. It works for me, i read it from a forum in the net & makes your PSP less portable. Why?? because you can't clearly just leave the area where you charger is plug-in. But beyond that, you'll have unlimited time of playing since you getting your power directly from the charger itself & you won't have to worry about the fact/rumor that you'll damage your PSP batt wyl playing & while charging.

I only have one concern though, i'm still not sure if its is good for the PSP or not using that kind of method. i can't find any info about it on the net about it's negative effects. I hope by telling this to you & to others who would try after reading this would find an answer to my question, rather to our question.

Enjoy. By the way, im using a PSP slim aka PSP 2000.

That Guy

User Info Menu

Well the battery runs on multiple cells. It is possible a cell may have died resulting in lower battery. Plus, if it is old, rechargeable batteries lose their ability to retain high charge levels after numerous chargings.