User Tag List

Thread: Why Gen Wont Release 6.xx[Translated in English]

Why Gen Wont Release 6.xx[Translated in English]

User Info Menu

Source found here http://www.pspgen.com/pourquoi-pas-p...te-191169.html i just conveted it to english

It seems that this question deserved a public answer to make understand well no public release of Custom Firmware 6 why. XXGEN is still available.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although certain persons think that we are not able of making it, it is far from being the reason of - release of a custom Firmware 6.xxGEN. On principle, our devs moved forward well on this subject but we all came to an agreement on the relating uselessness of the online bet of one 6.xxGEN.

" Are they mad? ", think of you probably. In fact, less than it parried there even if you doubt it at the time of the reading of these lines.

To put online one 6.xxGEN, would implicate a heap of small useless additional worries. Besides, to be frank, in front of the absence of real major and rewarding novelties, we do not think that passage in 6.xx is necessary, and it is not SenseMe and Digital Comics who should miss you so as to start to howl on the moon at night.

Besides, it is necessary to know that since 6.00, Sony changed the firmware structurally and withdrew a certain number of "useless" things to make turn games but necessary to throw certain utilities and other homebrews. This was palliated, to a great extent, by our cracking of development but it would be necessary to oblige a general updating of all that exists in homebrew (games and utilities) as well as topics and all that goes with.In effect, we arrived with the 6.xx at a point which reminds of the passage of homebrews 1.xx that of the 3.xx but in worse. In effect, the 6.xx allows no more launching of ELF in the state and it is needed all programs repack to make them compatible with the new system of Sony. Besides, the tools of hacking as PSPlink and company are not compatible any more and will have to be adapted. This does not mean that it will not make corn it seems to us nowadays that all this shake-up is not worth trouble for if not enough winnings.

Is it worth so much shake-ups?

Besides, the great majority of you think that if Custom Firmware 6.xxGEN, (or other one) was put online, all games could pass without problem. Will you note that this is wrong from wrong coach, supporting, protection discerns the presence of Custom Firmware and not the number of version? So, to give you an example, Tekken would not turn on one 6.20GEN (or 6.20trucmuche) pure and hard. It would be necessary to top up the same correction there as on the 5.50GEN so that it turns. Then why to get bored since the 5.50GEN-D2 (5.03HEN-B already gives the majority of the fact of that it is possible to wait from Custom Firmware and what the 5.50GEN-D3 (5.03HEN-C, arrival of which is going to be announced in some hours, will allow some more things.

Custom Firmware of this type is not envisaged for a public release yet.

Understand therefore that we nowadays prefer bringing some change in one 5.50GEN and regularly updating it to allow to use last games in date when of releaser one 6.10 or 6.20GEN.

Then, definitely on, certain donkeys will go to write that we are fair check in patcher our 5.50GEN but we shall let them bray in the wind and answer simply that at least, us, us are able of it...

By hoping that this small baby in the point allows you to understand our actual position without triggering off useless debates.
    Get At Me Bl4Ck.KiD... Aka BK
    Future Rapper - Spits Fire
    Psp Coder - Mips, C
    Web Designer - HTML, Javascript, Some PHP
    Computer Programmer - Currently Learning C/C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, Brainfuck, Python, Ruby

User Info Menu

Re: Why Gen Wont Release 6.xx[Translated in English]

Wow that sucks i was really hoping GEN would release the update.

Thank me or Rep + if i helped
    I_JUST_FRAGED_U ON FTB 2
    Goals
    Reach Up to 100 posts by Jan 20 [X]
    Create 5 Tutorials [1/5]

User Info Menu

Better then nothing right? I thought of a brilliant UMD exploit that in theory should work. Of course I don't know shit about the updater modules so I couldn't abuse it... In theory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

wat i wonder is d3 something great
    Psp Coder - Mips, C
    Computer Programmer - Currently Learning C/C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, Brainfuck, Python, Ruby

User Info Menu

Well they'll be releasing 5.50 GEN-D3 on Dec.15 anyways.. So hopefully, that release can alleviate some of the problems people are having with using custom firmware.

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

._________.

User Info Menu

ok so the d3 update is supposed to bring added compatibility with the new games like tekken, but if they created a 6.oo f/w somehow the game would detect cfw? Am I missing something here, I mean wouldnt the game also detect d3 fw too then ?
    _____

User Info Menu

well there is a CFW already out there that enables your self to play the new patches on Resistance Retribution...6.00 GEX, aka Gekkos CFW...Hes not releasing to public mostly because its only for vip on his site so gen is gay and there is better things out there=)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coneralsanders2 View Post
    well there is a CFW already out there that enables your self to play the new patches on Resistance Retribution...6.00 GEX, aka Gekkos CFW...Hes not releasing to public mostly because its only for vip on his site so gen is gay and there is better things out there=)
    never heard it most be a fail
    Psp Coder - Mips, C

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4Ck.KiD... View Post
    never heard it most be a fail
    Ive seen it,really to make a vsh menu it is NOT hard all you do is make a prx menu, compile it and use this. (speaking when you hit select on the xmb etc, thats what I am talking about) If you know some C and how the PSP works than its easy. Infact idk why Ive never done it lol

Code:
    //Defines
    PSP_MODULE_INFO("vshmenushit", 0x100, 0, 1); // defines we compile 
    PSP_MAIN_THREAD_ATTR(0); //0 for kernel mode too
    PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB(-128); //heap size
    Now just hex edit some objects, add whater.prx to your vsh.txt after its compiled and thats a simple cfw mod.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !