User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think?? CFW or OFW???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • CFW Is getting Old Go to OFW

0 0%
  • OFW WTF!! Why????? I love my homebrew!!!

4 100.00%

Thread: Should I Go to OFW

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Should I Go to OFW

I know Kinda stupid since I'm on a hacking site but...

I just updated my brothers PSP for him to 6.20 and I seen the update's they've done. Their starting to put some nice stuff in and since the PSP hacking scene is going out of date, there's been no major homebrew, no one can really access the PSN enabled games without using PSNabler, and no one can access the PSN store (Or not for a while) I'm starting to doubt if I really want to use CFW anymore.

What's your opinion????

Should I Go to OFW

User Info Menu

Re: Should I Go to OFW

I would if I had a PSP again.

Should I Go to OFW

User Info Menu

You're kind of right, people made the custom firmware because the psp never had anything good on it. Same things happened with the apple ipod touches, everyone wanted more apps so they jailbroke them. best thing fora company to do is follow what the hackers are doing, that's what apple did and now people don't have reasons to jailbreak there iphones and ipod touches anymore. But yeah. just comparing to the psp.

+Rep

Should I Go to OFW

User Info Menu

That's a good point...Even if they made some types of homebrew possible through psn store they would make more money anndd keep most of us happy....Well...The small select few of us that CAN actually live without CFW
    Sniper Essentials:
    1. Barret 50. Cal
    2. A Steady Hand
    and
    3. Patience

Should I Go to OFW

User Info Menu

I was just looking at my PSP 3000 with 6.20, and I said to myself, why do I need CFW. I don't use homebrew at all and I only use it for themes and ISO backups of my UMD's so they are faster. I really don't need it either.
    ...dreadknome...