User Tag List

Thread: PSP hardware question...

PSP hardware question...

User Info Menu

PSP hardware question...

Okay, so a while back I broke my PSP lcd screen i replaced it, but during the replacement the little tab on the backlight ribbon connector broke off.... I was wondering what the connector is located on[motherboard, no?] and when/if i replace it would i have to hack my psp again? also, is there a fix to replacing the little tab with out replacing the board it's located on???

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

Re: PSP hardware question...

Ok Rondo ill help ya out...nub. But if it is the tab to the LED screen that snapped then just buy a new LED screen replacement. Or if on the mobo there should be the tab slot you connected it in to replace it (it should be a tan brownish color) if that is what is broken then yes you need a new mobo. I have a new TA-83 I can pawn off to ya that I swapped with a friends. Send me a pic of the mobo via Facebook.
    Last edited by funkmaster; 07-19-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    If you fail to plan. Plan to fail.

PSP hardware question...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkmaster View Post
    Ok Rondo ill help ya out...nub. But if it is the tab to the LED screen that snapped then just buy a new LED screen replacement. Or if on the mobo there should be the tab slot you connected it in to replace it (it should be a tan brownish color) if that is what is broken then yes you need a new mobo. I have a new TA-83 I can pawn off to ya that I swapped with a friends. Send me a pic of the mobo via Facebook.
    would my psp have to be re-hacked?? and yea, its that tab slot

PSP hardware question...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    would my psp have to be re-hacked?? and yea, its that tab slot
    no your psp wont have to be rehacked,your firmware doesnt change because you broke the screen or whatever.

PSP hardware question...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_John. View Post
    no your psp wont have to be rehacked,your firmware doesnt change because you broke the screen or whatever.
    the problem is on the motherboard

â€* Keep It Real â€*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    the problem is on the motherboard
    Yeah it will need to be rehacked because it is a new motherboard you need to replace.
    If you fail to plan. Plan to fail.

PSP hardware question...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkmaster View Post
    Yeah it will need to be rehacked because it is a new motherboard you need to replace.
    okay.... lemme think about it..... i dont have a working cam right now tho, so i can't send you a pic of my mobo
    -EDIT- got a camera, ill take a pic tomorrow
    Last edited by Trinity; 08-03-2010 at 01:13 AM.