User Tag List

Thread: 5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

That Guy

User Info Menu

5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

Hello, I hope SOMEONE can help me. See, I have this problem where if I install ANY CFW 5.00+ (i.e Any 5.00 M33 version, 1-6,GEN A-D3, etc) I will have EXTREME trouble booting my PSP. It will fail about 9-10 times to boot. However, if I install a lower version (I usually use Hellcat's recovery flasher to go back to 3.71 M33) then my PSP will start working like normal again. Needless to say, this is infuriating.
    Furthere, I *think* I have a MMS, I have used Despertar del Cementerio to create one, and it ran succesfully. However, I do NOT have a JigKick battery. I have used 2 separate softmod methods (coryl149 tool and Hellcats tool), but the problem is my battery seems to be an "unhackable" one, its EEPROM Serial is set to 0x00000000 already (an autoboot) and cannot be changed at all. Either to 0xFFFFFF or any other.
    So is my problem simply that I am not using a Pandoras battery set while upgrading to these cfws? I did not think that I NEEDED one, since I already have a cfw PSP, which I obtained via HeN then 5.00 M33-6.
    So any thoughts? This has been plaguing me about an entire year now and I REALLY want it fixed. If anyone knows or has any ideas, tell me! I may be able to borrow my brothers battery and pandorise it if I need to.

Thanks for your help guys!
    Web Development: XHTML, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Perl CGI, and some ASP
    Programming: C/C++, C#, ShaderLab, Perl, oojs, Lua, some Python

5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

User Info Menu

Re: 5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

Downgrade lower then 5.03, then install ChickHEN and flash it form there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

That Guy

User Info Menu

Perhaps you did not understand me. I have tried reflashing it, to almost every cfw that exists. Why should this method be any different?

5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

User Info Menu

because your flashing it from a different program.

That Guy

User Info Menu

Yes, but I have tried flashing it from a number of programs and none have worked.

And I used ChickHEN to hack it originally.

5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

User Info Menu

Smile Re: 5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

You probably flashed a psp 2000 with a(TA-085 V3) or a psp 3000 with a (TA-090 V2)

those motherboards are NOT flashable.
    once you flash one of those motherboards, you have broken your psp beyond repair.

to get custom firmware...(and i hate gen because of extreme bugs)...on one of the above, use chickHen r2 +5.03 GEN for HEN.

Evil Long Cat

That Guy

User Info Menu

I do not have one of those motherboards. If I did, then how would I even be able to still use it? That comment does not make sense.

And I don't think you understand. I have tried that method to use a CFW higher than 5.00, but it causes my error when I do. No matter how I do it. That is what I am trying to solve. Why that happens.

5.00+ CFW Will Not Boot

User Info Menu

Then what is your motherboard's version?

Evil Long Cat