User Tag List

Thread: PSP won't turn on.

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

PSP won't turn on.

Hey, one of my friends has a PSP-2000, (the bottom says PSP-2001), and he's been trying to play it for months now and it won't turn on. I tried to take a look at it, but since it is not hacked, I can't get into flash 0 or anything. I don't know the details or anything, other than that when he was playing, words flashed across the screen then it shut off. By looking at his game saves, I've concluded the most likely game he last played was that "eragon" game that was worse than the movie. There is also a file on his memory stick entitle "RapidGX Media Setup.exe", and his firmware was not up to date (It's most likely under 3.00) When I try to turn it on (even when using a different battery), the green light shows for about 5-15 seconds then shuts off. It won't even turn on with the AC adapter plugged in and no battery.
    THIS PSP HAS NOT BEEN HACKED! I don't know how much emphasis I have to put on this, as everywhere else I've been to, people suggest that the Psp has been hacked. IT ISN'T!
    I just need to figure out what is going on and how to fix it. The best advice I've gotten so far is to leave the battery out for a day and clean up the place were the battery is inserted with a dry cloth. Didn't work.

▲ ▲
    n00b

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

Re: PSP won't turn on.

There are many possiblities to what could be wrong. Here are a few possiblities to what is wrong:

1. The PSP is bricked. Doesn't mean its hacked, someone could have fucked up while trying to hack it.
    2. The port used to connect to the battery to power input is messed up.
    3. Something shorted/burned out on the motherboard.

Have you tried plugging in the AC Adapter and turning it on to see if it still turns on at all? If it doesn't, its shot and no good.

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

flash it with a pandora, and psp 2000 can't have any firmware lower then I think 3.60, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 3.60

n00b C@kES

User Info Menu

ur right i had 3.60.........
    life is like a box of chocolates.......eat it

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Tailz View Post
    There are many possiblities to what could be wrong. Here are a few possiblities to what is wrong:

1. The PSP is bricked. Doesn't mean its hacked, someone could have fucked up while trying to hack it.
    2. The port used to connect to the battery to power input is messed up.
    3. Something shorted/burned out on the motherboard.

Have you tried plugging in the AC Adapter and turning it on to see if it still turns on at all? If it doesn't, its shot and no good.
    My friend never played online, and doesn't even have a wireless connection set up, so thanks, ill look into options 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    flash it with a pandora, and psp 2000 can't have any firmware lower then I think 3.60, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 3.60
    My friend wishes that i don't hack into it.

▲ ▲
    n00b

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Haven View Post

My friend wishes that i don't hack into it.
    That really is his only option, you can flash to regular firmware, not CFW

PSP won't turn on.

User Info Menu

hello, i have had this exact same problem. here are some solutions:

1. take off battery cover and remove battery, remove the warranty sticker(if the warranty is all-ready done doesnt really matter if you remove it) remove the sticker pop in a new battery and it should be turning on again(note: this has worked for my psp-1000 and my friends psp-2000/1)