User Tag List

Thread: Some help with my PSP screen

1zz

User Info Menu

Some help with my PSP screen

hey guys the past few days my PSP screen has just been...well turning off. And the PSP and everything stays on and all the buttons still work and the sound still plays but the screen shuts off. Also its been getting dif. color lines in it like green and stuff along with getting a 3D effect like when your in a 3D movie and trying to watch it without glasses. So im kinda assuming that my LCD screen has gone bad but thought i might get some help from yall on checking if thats the prob before i spend the money to only find out thats not the case, and also how to go about replacing it easily... Well thanks in advance and i miss CD and hopefully ill be able to be more active this summer :) THANKS

If i helped please rep me ^,donate points,or "thank me".
    Thanks,
    xXNINJAXx

Some help with my PSP screen

User Info Menu

Re: Some help with my PSP screen

You are going to want to check to make sure that your connections are securely in place on your LCD screen. Dead lines and stuff is indicative of a failing screen, but that coupled with the fact that it is randomly blacking out completely is more indicative of a bad connection, not a bad screen.

Here are guides on how to open a PSP fat and PSP slim. Hope they help, although I would suggest being COMPLETELY CERTAIN you know what you are doing before you go opening up your PSP.

PSP Fat: OurHappyShopping Blog » How to Replace your PSP 1000 Screen

PSP Slim: PSP Slim LCD Screen Replacement Tutorial

Hope this helps :D

1zz

User Info Menu

Thanks,
    xXNINJAXx

1zz

User Info Menu

well i just tried it and it didnt work what so ever. If anything it made it worse. Now sometimes it doesn't even come on and if it does it just is white or black. So should i just replace the screen?

Thanks,
    xXNINJAXx