User Tag List

Thread: decompile an exeutable file built in vb6 to change the title of it?

decompile an exeutable file built in vb6 to change the title of it?

User Info Menu

Question decompile an exeutable file built in vb6 to change the title of it?

Who knows how to decompile an executable file built in vb6 so that I can change the title of it?

If anyone can help me with this before 11/12/09 5:00 am est. I will Rep+ on you so much ill get banned for Rep+ spamming (is that even possible). I will love you for freaking ever!! So please someone help me? Also I do Microsoft's VB6 editor, the Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

Re: decompile an exeutable file built in vb6 to change the title of it?

I need this help as well.

User Info Menu

You can't decompile a .exe file into source code. You can edit the program with something like a resource hacker, which I don't know where to get but they can edit things.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

if you have source code you can put in to vb but u also have to tottaly remake program with buttons and text changing but to chage name of program click fourm # (mostly fourm 1) and hit properties

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You can't decompile a .exe file into source code. You can edit the program with something like a resource hacker, which I don't know where to get but they can edit things.
    I can decompile VB6 and VB 2009. IDK wtf you are talking about. VB6 is on of the easiest programming languages to reverse engineer.

OP, please post the program and I will change the title to what you would like.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    I can decompile VB6 and VB 2009. IDK wtf you are talking about. VB6 is on of the easiest programming languages to reverse engineer.

OP, please post the program and I will change the title to what you would like.
    Reverse engineer yes but there is no way to decompile an executable and get all of the source code out of it that was used, at least not that I'm aware of.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

The only thing you can really do is decompile it into an assembly language I believe and I usually use, OLLYDBG or W32DSM89.

+Rep