User Tag List

Thread: New Goblin

site n00b

User Info Menu

New Goblin

New Goblin

User Info Menu

Re: New Goblin

Pretty fuckin sexy man, kiu. Loving the duplicate fade of your render. Nice like source and excellent blending.

site n00b

User Info Menu

Re: New Goblin

yay thank you Blue. i was really unsure about this piece because once again FFX tore my art apart
    here's what ://Justice had to say about it:
    The composition of your piece has some serious flaws. To start with, the repetition of your focal creates a major distraction. It draws your viewer's eyes away from your focal. Perhaps you could try smudging it into a background, so that only the general colors can be seen. In addition, the left side feels quite empty. This empty space (and the repetition) ruin any chance for depth.
    An element of composition- flow. Your piece lacks nearly any flow. Flow is the force which guides your viewer's eye to the focal. This is often achieved by diagonals or curves which flow into the focal. However, because your focal subject appears very vertical, as do the effects, there is very little flow. Use more dynamic focals. Give them movement. Your piece appears very static.
    The lighting is also flawed. I am not at all a fan of white soft brush lighting. It looks forced and unnatural. It is too bright and too distracting. It even makes the piece look a bit washed out.
    Some of your effects (for example, the effects to the left of your focal) have a weird, ripply texture. This doesn't work very well. I would remove, or very very much lessen this effect.
    And lastly, but very importantly, Remove The Border! Borders are distracting, and unappealing. They work in very rare cases, but this is not one.
    I might also suggest cropping the piece a bit (vertically) to help the piece focus a bit better.
    Keep at it, mate!

Best regards,
    -://Justice

he makes a few good points like the border and possibly making it vertical but i was just kinda taken back when i read this