User Tag List

Thread: All Around Socom Glitches!

All Around Socom Glitches!

User Info Menu

Smile All Around Socom Glitches!

Amish-Insurgent's
    Socoms: Fire Facking Team Bravo One Glitch Guide!

Version: v2.1

Introduction: Hello :) My name is Amish-Insurgent, but you may call me Amish-Insurgent. I am

creating this guide for the purpose of people having fun doing glitches in glitch / fun

rooms ONLY. PLEASE do not read on if you are only learning glitches to glitch in ranked /

serious rooms or planning to be the Ahole of every glitch room that goes in an unkillable

spot and decides to kill everyone else with their '1337' skill. I am entrusting you with the

knowledge of glitching, so use this knowledge correctly please. These are glitches I created

or picked up in the last 2+ years of playing Socom, so I am not going to give nor take

credit for 'creating' any of them,I'm only taking credit for creating this guide. If you

need extra help, or just wanna screw around then find me in game, i play on Amish-Insurgent

Context:

A. Weapon Glitches
    .....1. Shoot your primary gun out of your secondary
    .....2. Shoot your primary out of nothingness
    .....3. Shoot your primary out of your RPG
    .....4. Lock on RPG
    .....5. Bow + Shoot RPGs backwards
    .....6. Plant Grenades / HEs / FlashBangs / Smokes
    B. Map Glitches
    .....1. Rockslide Mountain Glitch

A. Weapon Glitches

Introduction: these glitches are mostly for looks or to confuse your friends, but a glitch

like the RPG glitch adds unfairness to games that have explosives. I don't care if you're

the only person not using it, do the right thing and play fair.

1. Shoot your primary gun out of your secondary

This trick is simple to do, and looks pretty cool. It makes you shoot your primary even

though you're holding your secondary. Even bullets fly out of your butt! There are many ways

to do this, but I'll teach you the way I find is best.

What you'll need: A primary gun, A secondary Gun.

Step one: completely lay down

Step two: take out your secondary

Step three: Tap Triangle once, then immediately tap + hold it till you hear the sound of your

weapon being changed. (so it would be 'tap taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap')

Done! you should look like this:

2+3.Shoot your primary out of nothingness / Shoot your primary out of your RPG

I added them together because you do the same thing, it's all based on timing.

What you'll need: Either an AT-4 or the RPG

Step one: find a spot with at least about your characters height of a drop *meaning you run

off and hit the ground, not slide down then hit)

Step two: take your RPG / AT-4 out.
    Step three: Walk off, and right when you start falling (when you're in the air, not on the

ledge) hold triangle. right when you hit the ground, release.

The longer you hold triangle for, the more likely you'll get the invisible gun. if you start

holding triangle half way down, you should get the RPG one. You also have to guesstimate the

timing to let go of triangle, because you can hold it for a bit when you land if you need

to.

What it should look like:

4. Lock on RPG

I swear if I see you using this in a serious game with explosives (not that I ever join

them) I will come to your house and break your PSP. This glitch is used by many, as if they

think it's fair. If you use this then your worse then the player with 2 kills and 38 deaths

who's using only a STG77.

Step one: Find a door way or window (basically any space where your character will barely

not completely fit if laying parallel ( || ) to it. There's some places that are not doors

and windows such as spots on the castle in village)

Step two: stand in the middle if the gap

Step three: face one of the two sides of the gap. (basically if you layed down right now you

would be parallel to the doorway / window / whatever, and no one should be able to get past

you. but in order to do this glitch, you really shouldn't be able to lay down right now)

Step four: turn roughly 20-45 degrees to a side. So now your a little off of it being

parallel.

Step five: push triangle to lay down, but right after you push it, turn your character back

to facing parallel with the gap.

Step six: push the left button (not the analog stick) and select your RPG / AT-4. your

character should make the switching weapon sound, but should NOT actually move. if it takes

out the RPQ / AT-4 then you're doing it wrong.

Step seven: stand up and go around locking on to people. just hold R to lock on.

It should look like this on your screen:

5. Bow + Shoot RPGs backwards

Most people know how to make the 'bow', but few know how to shoot an RPG backwards. I've

only encountered one person that knew how to do it, and it was years ago. He didn't teach me

how to do it (rathered to just show off) and finally a few months ago I thought of how to do

it after messing with bursts.

Weapons you'll need: An RPG / AT-4 and a secondary.

First, to do the 'bow'gun.

Step one: take out your RPG / At-4.

Step two: push the left button (not analog) and put your selector thingy on the secondary

gun.

Step three: push X then immediately hold triangle. hold till roughly the sound stops. It's

more of guesstimating.

Now you just gotta play around with it, sometimes the RPG will be under your shoulder, other

times it'll be like how you want it, which is it facing straight up, making your Gun + RPG

take the shape of a bow. I didn't have enough time to take a good picture of how it should

look yet, but this is what it could look like this, except with your primary out:

Now to shoot RPGs backwards, all you do is to do the 'bow'gun glitch and get it so your RPG

is facing backwards, kinda like the picture above but more parallel with the ground. then

you do the RPG glitch, and your done! just shoot it and it'll go flying the way the RPG is

facing. (same with bursts when you do the 'shoot your primary out of your secondary glitch,

you'll commit suicide every time!)

6. Plant Grenades / HEs / FlashBangs / Smokes

Not many people know this trick either, but it's been spreading around recently.

What you will need: A claymore / PMN, and a type of grenade.

Step one: have your claymore or PMN out.

Step two: push X then immediately hold triangle the WHOLE time your character is moving.

if a PMN / Claymore was planted, then you're doing it wrong, if nothing, then you need to

hold Triangle longer, if it's planted, then grats!

It should look somewhat like this when planting, notice how my grenades are out (I shortly

died after)

B. Map Glitches

1. Rockslide Mountain Glitch

Now, rockslide isn't your usual glitch map, nor played map, so I haven't been able to

discover many glitches in it. The glitch I did learn to do is awesome though, due to it

giving you the ability to see most of the map.

What you'll will need: A secondary, a type of Grenade, An ability to understand directions,

and patience.

A map showing the where bout's the glitch is taking place and where you will be going

Step One: Go onto the main mountain in rockslide, the center of the map really.

Step two: head in the direction of where the island in the river is, but stay onto of the

mountain. Basically go to where the picture is below.

Step three: Like in the picture above shows, run up-right up the little slope.

Step four: now walk downwards, and stop where the turn is on it. make sure not to fall!

Step five: Like the picture below shows, face to the left and go on the ledge facing towards

that cliff. make sure your aimer is to the left of the rocks. and you should be a few feet

right of the little corner on the slope you are on. (look at the picture, the corner is

where the gun icon is)

Step six: Ninja slide time! what you do is lay down and take out your secondary. now hold

triangle. while holding triangle, move forward and over the ledge. you should be stuck onto

the ledge side, still changing weapons. that is what you want.

Step seven: this part is all about trial and error, and patience. the longer you hold

triangle, the farther you will shoot to. I believe it is roughly 32 seconds of holding

triangle to make it on the cliff. (so basically, when youj think is good, let go of triangle

and watch!)

Step 8: if you did not make it, repeat the steps above. If you did, then congratulations!

you can now move about freely up there. You can also walk right and go up high on the

cliffs, then slide down alittle onto a pathway.

Step six: Ninja slide time! what you do is lay down and take out your secondary. now hold

triangle. while holding triangle, move forward and over the ledge. you should be stuck onto

the ledge side, still changing weapons. that is what you want.

Step seven: this part is all about trial and error, and patience. the longer you hold

triangle, the farther you will shoot to. I believe it is roughly 32 seconds of holding

triangle to make it on the cliff. (so basically, when you think is good, let go of triangle

and watch!)

Step 8: if you did not make it, repeat the steps above. If you did, then congratulations!

you can now move about freely up there. You can also walk right and go up high on the

cliffs, then slide down a little onto a pathway.

Last edited by AmishInsurgent; 01-09-2009 at 02:21 AM.

Old name ^ v Some crap of me playing socom FTB1 that I created and decided to put the burden on youtube to host it!
    Video one! Video two! Video Three!

User Info Menu

Re: All Around Socom Glitches!

nice.

User Info Menu

did you find these yourself??

User Info Menu

some very good glitches u post
    ftb2 user name: ImortalxJoker Cheat Device: Darkfrost v5

User Info Menu

you know if LeviL, or BaT-CountrY are still on Amish-Insurgent ??

User Info Menu

Nice post. Rep+

User Info Menu

Cool Re: All Around Socom Glitches!

Hey.Since you posted this really cool glitch tutorial,I have a question:):I have no clue how to change my name in SOCOM Ftb1.Could you tell me?