User Tag List

Thread: PSID?

PSID?

User Info Menu

PSID?

What is a PSID? And how does the nitePR 'corrupt PSID' function work? Also, is it true that corrupting your PSID no longer unbans you with the new FTB2 anti cheat system?

PSID?

User Info Menu

Re: PSID?

Yes its true lol. and its just an id that ur psp has
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Yes, it stands for Plastation Identification I believe (simple as that). And you used to be able to just press the button to corrupt it and the servers would no longer recognize that you were banned, but that method does not work any more.

PSID?

User Info Menu

It is playststion identity, and all it does is change it when you click that button. You can change it manually too

PSID?

User Info Menu

Does changing your MAC address unban your PSP? Or are there currently no ways to bypass it?

PSID?

User Info Menu

I don't think you can actually change your mac address. You can spoof it, but not change it. This depends on what ban your talking about. If it's a.ban that gives you a server error when you try to Log in, corrupt your psid and you'll be fine. If it was a "you have been detected cheating" just male a new name and wait until the time is up.

PSID?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SCAL24 View Post
    I don't think you can actually change your mac address. You can spoof it, but not change it. This depends on what ban your talking about. If it's a.ban that gives you a server error when you try to Log in, corrupt your psid and you'll be fine. If it was a "you have been detected cheating" just male a new name and wait until the time is up.
    Well here's what happened. I've been playing FTB2 since it came out. Legit. I've always had OFW. Now, I don't remember ever getting the "You've been caught cheating warning (1st offense)" but hackers have banned me via the "You've been caught cheating" method. I've been banned for 1 day (second offense) a while back and then 3 days (third offense) about a month ago. Last Saturday i joined a room and while i was in the lobby, i was booted and got net error (35) and then i got the 7 day ban (4th offense)...and I'm still banned as of right now (until saturday night).
    (btw, what happens after 5th or more times).

Anyway, I was so pissed, the next day i downgraded and installed CFW (5.00 m33-6). I haven't installed nite pr yet becuase i'm waiting in the mail for my new phat battery (other one is a pandora now).

I never experimented with the other two bans i've had in the past (i just let the ban run out.) But right now when i try to log into my banned name and any new name i make it gives be the "you've been caught cheating". and if i try to log into any other name i already have (not the one i was banned on), i get login failure (-952).

PSID?

User Info Menu

-952 gets solved by corrupting your psid. and if you plug your psp in, you can use it without a battery. Nothing happens after the 5th time...well it does happen but it just continues to be a 7 day ban.

270-Front Board-270 Out

User Info Menu

Your PSID is something your router or server what ever, gives you to identify your Psp. If I'm wrong correct me.
    I'm sure there is also a way to see other people's PSID but I'm not sure. actually I am positive there is a way my question is. If you have someone's PSID could you do anything to their Psp i believe not, but I am unknowledgeable around that?
    Wacky Waving Inflatable
    Arm Flailing Tube Man

PSID?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SCAL24 View Post
    -952 gets solved by corrupting your psid. and if you plug your psp in, you can use it without a battery. Nothing happens after the 5th time...well it does happen but it just continues to be a 7 day ban.
    allright, thanks :)
    Last edited by Eagleeye; 05-07-2009 at 11:20 PM.