User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What makes a player a hacker???

What makes a player a hacker???

User Info Menu

Re: What makes a player a hacker???

Hackers(more of coders) make the codes, NOT hacks or cheats, hacks are things for the PC and cheats are the good ol' ps2 button cheats where you press Tri, tri, square, X. So they make the codes.

Cheaters are people who copy and paste codes or know little or none MIPS or C.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BloodmoneyTK View Post
    lol i agree. im not a hacker just a cheater.
    lmao...now u say ur a cheater bcz sykotic says that if u say ur a hacker on socom ur a moron...lol..
    Rep Me UP iiF ii DiiD AnY HeLP...
    :gunsmilie:

User Info Menu

ive always seen cheating as a button combination that you enter on a menu, and hacking as messing around with the actual code, but apparently from what you said i dont know jack shit

User Info Menu

First off, cheats are those stupid little combos you do with the damn controller to unlock weapons/items in a game is what those end up being and what people see them as. Now hacks, you are making codes and when you click that little music/note button it patches the original code with a different code, HACKING IT. You are altering codes in a game, YOU MAY HAVE NOT MADE THOSE CODES, but you are still using those codes. MAKING YOU A HACKER WHEN YOU DO SO. I am a beginner hacker and over 3 years ago a hacker buddy told me how you are changing the code in the game. It is funny how the first time I used the codes, I NOTICED WHAT HE MEANT. Never mind what I say because according to SyKotik Cannon I'm a moron. -----This is why the SERVER ( FTB1 OR FTB2/ ANY OTHER GAME ) catches you HACKING. It reads the codes and that's why you can't have hacks on before you get online. Then after you turn them on when you are online the security weakens a tad because you are already in the game and THE SERVER ASSUMES you won't hack BECAUSE YOU ACCEPTED THE AGREEMENT, but I'm just a retard that can't tell anything because in your words, " Yooz arez No0beh |-|4X0rZ." ...AND YOU CALL ME A RETARD?!

Unique

User Info Menu

that is an interesting question to bring up. I think a hacker does have to know how to make stuff that cheat. I'm a smart cheater. i know when people are bs'ing with codes. i've seen an idiot post one code twice that had different names. thats just a cheater. i actually look at the values etc. i change stuff when i need to. i sorta know how to make codes. i've made a few. i sorta sorta sorta consider myself a hacker. theres really a big difference between a cheater and a hacker. a cheater just goes crazy with codes. a hacker is smart about things. at least the good ones.

CODE PORTER

User Info Menu

But not all people who use codes are hackers or cheaters... I dont cheat but I use antiboot and I port codes... So what am I? lol
    Contact me if you want to play the EU version of SOCOM.

@People from the EU game: I dont hack. I sometimes hack back, but I am here to learn. If you are seeing this, then chances are you hack, sorry to those that dont ;)

I can spell SyKotik-KaNun :D

User Info Menu

Nice Marmite, when you activate that anti boot, that MOST LIKELY patches a code YOU DON'T NEED FOR ONLINE. I would assume it patches those stupid video codes you have from the campaign, and just replaces it with a different code to put it to use. All activating hacks with that stupid little music button does is temporarily over-writes another code in the game. That screws with the game coding as I already stating, making you a hacker. Even if you didn't make the codes! That makes you a hacker because you are screwing up codes for the game soon as you hit the music button. You just mooched the codes off of someone else!

CODE PORTER

User Info Menu

lol, im a mooching hacker, but not a cheater? nice!

Im forced to do it though, and I have not created any of the hacks (i just use them) and a hacker is someone who makes hacks.

I am a victim of other hackers, that has fought back by being a mooching hack user.
    Contact me if you want to play the EU version of SOCOM.

@People from the EU game: I dont hack. I sometimes hack back, but I am here to learn. If you are seeing this, then chances are you hack, sorry to those that dont ;)

I can spell SyKotik-KaNun :D

User Info Menu

''Hack'' has five meanings. From oldest to newest...

1. to copy or plagiarize (Official) ('yo momma' jokes originated from 'your such a hack...') <----| LESSER
    2. to have uncontrollable coughing (Official)<-----------------------------------------------| KNOWN
    3. to hit something with force (Offiical)<---------------------------------------------------| DEFINITIONS
    4. to forcefully break into a computer your not supposed to have access to via a computer (Semi-Official, only accepted by sevral Dictionaries)
    5. to modify or edit (Slang) (look-up kipkay on youtube)

I agree 100% with BK, Skykotic, and Zues. I disagree with the rest of you. @ Ookie... LMFAO. @ Rejected your just being technical with words on the basis of which you confusing my #4 & #5. Your putting the word 'hacking' with the definition of 'modifying', am I wrong? You said quote: ''You are altering codes in a game". 'Modify' is another word for 'alter' and vice versa. So your 'editing' not 'breaking into via a computer'. What your confusing is the semi-official definition of hack with the slang definition.

Sorry if I didnt word that correctly or it doesn't make sence, for its 12:37 am and I got exactly 41 Minutes and 17 seconds of sleep last night.

EVERYONE thinks their ideas are right... no need for flaming in opinional threads. Look at religon you'll see the corruption im talking about.
    Last edited by S2h6699; 03-03-2010 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

Well you might not be a "hacker" but what you are doing when you turn a code on is "hacking".It would sound gay if you called yourself a cheater on socom.Thats why most people say hacker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast