Quote Originally Posted by JordanCunha View Post
Dead zone means how much you have to move the analogue stick before it registers the directional command. In other words, the lower the dead zone, the slower you will walk when you move the analogue stick. The higher, the faster.

Most people put a low dead zone, making them move slower, but shoot more accurately. The speed of your character will determine the accuracy of your shots, which explains why the cross hairs spread out as you move, meaning that you will less accurately hit the person. This is where "Slow Walking" was created in which you lightly hold the analogue stick in one direction, allow a more accurate spread of fire. Some people prefer a low dead zone that they will hit more accurately allowing them to move at max speed while still having an accurate fire. Some people prefer a high dead zone so that the bullets will spread out more, giving a higher chance of a head shot and an instant kill. (Your chances are still low but higher than if you have a low dead zone.) These options are also affected by the weapon you choose.

You can change the dead zone by entering a server (example being US East 1) and hitting triangle. It all depends on what you want:

Low: More accurate, but suffer speed of movement
High: Move faster but miss more often

I have mine set like so:

Look Speed: Three away from being all the way
Dead Zone: Three from beginning

@Prodigy: You have 700+ wins and 3 losses, never used hacks for the wins, but don't know what a dead zone is? [sarcasm] Yeah, you got them legitly... [/sarcasm]
lol...nah it wasn't 700-3...it was 1400+ wins and 4 losses or something.i forgot because my account got deleted because i stopped playing for a few months.my deadzone at that time was so very low like 0-3 and my lookspeed was 20...i didn't know what it was so i just set it that way...
Oh and you FORGOT one very basic thing...'The Higher the deadzone the slower you move' yours is the opposite and its wrong...try setting your deadzone to the max and you will notice that your character moves like you are holding the R button even though you're not holding it.and when you set it to 0 you move so fast.