User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JohnnyMcKinney's Port Helper

JohnnyMcKinney's Port Helper

User Info Menu

YouTube - PS2DIS Porting

I'm tired of someone saying they have ported a code and TESTED it, when in actuality they haven't. If you don't know how to port, then don't port. If you are willing to learn then this port helper should help.

http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...rs.php?do=port

Tutorial
    Today we will be porting Play Dead from the Socom FTB2 1.50 patch to the Socom FTB2 1.60 patch.

Things Needed
    PS2DIS
    Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump
    Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump

Step 1
    Open 2 PS2DIS windows. (Double click ps2dis.exe 2 times)

Step 2
    In the first window load the Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump.

Step 3
    In the second window load the Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump.

Step 4
    Now lets look at the original Play Dead code:
    #Play Dead
    ;You can still play when you die
    0x0026CCB0 0x03E00008

Breaking it down we have the code name on the first line, code comments on the second line, and the code itself on the third lines. We of course want to focus on the code part which is this area:
    0x0026CCB0 0x03E00008

Since there is only one line of code in the Play Dead hack we only have to port that one code, but sometimes other hacks may have more than just one line of code, in which case you must port all of the lines of code.

Step 5
    Go to your PS2DIS window that has the Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump loaded.

Step 6
    Press G and in the box we want to paste the address of the code which which I have labeled in red below:
    #Play Dead
    0x0026CCB0 0x03E00008

Then press enter.

You should now end up on this highlighted address:

Take a look at the value of the Play Dead code:
    27bdff90

This value will be used in my Port Helper. This isn't always the best way to go though, as sometimes these values are not unique and are used in many codes throughout the data. This means that it would take you forever just to find what you are looking for.

So to solve this problem lets take a value that would be unique and not used in many other addresses. If you look one line below the Play Dead Address you will see e7b40050:

Step 8
    Now that we have a unique value we need to enter it into my Port Helper in order for the value searcher to work. When you enter it click convert and you should get this below the "Hex Code:" area:

Step 7
    Now that we have the right value for PS2DIS go to your PS2DIS window that has the Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump loaded.

Step 8
    Press Ctrl and F, check the "As hex string" box and the paste your new value 5000b4e7 into the search box. Then press enter.

Note: Most of the time with Socom patches (Not all of the time) the data is moved forward. This means, that there is a high chance that the address you are looking for in the Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump will be higher than address of the Play Dead code in the Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump. So before searching for the value, press G and enter in the address of the original Play Dead code 0026CCB0, then do a search for your value. Just remember that the address is not always higher than the original code, so if it works a couple of times and then you end up going in a circle the next time, just remember that it can sometimes be lower.

Step 9
    Now this will search for any addresses that have e7b40050 in them. More than likely the first search will not be the correct address of the ported code. To view the next search result press F5.

Step 10
    Now you need to know what you are looking for, otherwise I'd be sending you on a random chase. So go back to your PS2DIS window that has the Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump loaded. Look at these two areas:

You will need to compare these areas to the Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump. So, by going back to PS2DIS window that has the Socom FTB2 1.60 Dump loaded you need to press F5 until you see values that match up.

Step 11
    After pressing F5 about 16 times we end up with an address where the surrounding area is a match to the Socom FTB2 1.50 Dump Play Dead address area:
    0026d280

As you can see the area is the same, however it doesn't always match up perfectly.
    <-----1.50 Version 1.60 Version----->

<-----1.50 Version 1.60 Version----->

Step 12
    Now all you do is put the code together. Originally we had this code:
    #Play Dead
    0x0026CCB0 0x03E00008

Just replace the red with the new address 0026d280 and your done:
    #Play Dead
    0x0026d280 0x03E00008

Maybe now you guys that don't know how to do this can stop trying to get attention by saying a code you ported works when you didn't even test it.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: JohnnyMcKinney's Port Helper

Great Job :) Thats kinda what i do but i don't look at the white spaced area with the ...'s i just compare the functions around it. Maybe it will help everyone & stop the spamming of how to port threads.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

JooN-YeR

Wow >>johnny you are a beast!!!!>....thanks for the advanced help ive been looking for it forever>>>thanks a billion!

User Info Menu

Thanks dude this helped me a lot! So after i do the G in 1.5 i always go to the code beneath it?(Just making sure)And do i have to invoke the analyzer?
    Last edited by WaffleZ; 11-14-2008 at 02:16 AM.

User Info Menu

ya thanks and nice job

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleZ View Post
    Thanks dude this helped me a lot! So after i do the G in 1.5 i always go to the code beneath it?(Just making sure)And do i have to invoke the analyzer?
    No and no. First do what you normally do to port & if you can press f5 like a million times then just do what he said. The address should be somewhat near the original so flash 1.5 0055f26c is probably going to be in 00550000 & up
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -.Z3U5.- View Post
    No and no. First do what you normally do to port & if you can press f5 like a million times then just do what he said. The address should be somewhat near the original so flash 1.5 0055f26c is probably going to be in 00550000 & up
    It doesn't always work that way, sometimes it's before the original address.

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleZ View Post
    Like I said in the tutorial, you want to find a unique value that would be used often. Find one as unique and as close to the original address as possible, as you don't want to scroll more than needed.

The invoke analyzer is for actually hackers.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

what the hell does step 8 mean

GFX

User Info Menu

Thx for posts
    [glichero]'s GFX Application

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    It doesn't always work that way, sometimes it's before the original address.
    Yeah i know, I'm just saying its normally in the vasinaty or area of the original code not like 000f8900 instead of 00f00000 thats too far :P

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast