User Tag List

Thread: Bridging

Bridging

User Info Menu

Bridging

This is an easy way to bring back those Socom days for those of you that use to use the standby button. It's actually easy.

Requirements:

• A laptop or PC with an Ethernet cable
    • Wireless internet via your laptop or PC
    • A Ethernet cable
    • Zone Alarm Pro 8

You can get Zone Alarm Pro 8 here:
    Code:
    http://www.isodiscussions.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1565&p=2359#p2359
    Bridging:
    You will need to run an ethernet cable from your laptop or PC to your Xbox 360. From there you need to bridge your wireless that your computer is receiving to your local area connection. To do this -> Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections. You should see your wireless network and your local area connection. Hi-light both of them. With both of them selected, right click, and select bridge. After it is done... Congrats you can now play your 360 from your laptop or PC, but that's not why you are here is it lol?

Lag Switch:
    Install Zone Alarm Pro 8. It should ask you if you want to allow a connection to your computer. This is your internet connection, so be sure to select yes and as as a new internet connection. You can choose a name if you wish, Internet would be fine. Now under Zones, double click your internet connection and change it from trusted to internet if it isn't already. Make sure DHCP and the DNS Servers are trusted. Now go back to main and change the Internet Zone Security bar to Medium. The Trusted Zone Security should be Medium also. Now highlight the Internet Zone Security bar. A dotted border should appear around the bar. This allows you to press the keyboard up or down to change the Zones security. High does not allow any incoming connections to your computer, but allows outgoing, so this is going to enable standby for you. Medium allows connections and therefor is how you disable standby. Standby is another way of saying your connection is on hold. While standby is enabled it allows you to ghost, which is basically become invisible. Your still connected to the game, but you can't update your location or others. Which makes it so you are not in the game, but you are :D. So basically if you were to hide behind a wall, flip the switch, find the enemy and kill him behind the other wall, go back to your spot, flip it off, he won't see it coming. While doing standby however it will cause the other players to lag, since they are trying to attempt to update your location and such. If you are host the lag is usually worse for the other players since you host the match and without you the match would lose connection, forcing players back into the lobby. Hence how Lag Switch became the name, because it is a switch and it causes lag for the other players, but not yourself.

Using The Switch:
    When you are connected to Xbox Live and in a match... Make sure you are host and then just press up on your keyboard to enable standby and down to disable. So enable standby... kill the enemy... and disable. Even if the enemy shot you while you were in standby it doesn't kill you.

Keep in mind you only have a few seconds to use the switch, after that you lose connection to the game, causing everyone else to lag out of the match and back into the lobby. An example would be you are play CoD World at War you enable the switch and everyone starts to lag. After a few seconds they receive a Connection Error and then if you still have not returned from standby it gives everyone a error saying the connection to host was lost. Which can make things pretty obvious that you were using a lag switch.

Am I Host:
    You can tell if you are host by testing out your lag switch. Enable it and if you can't damage the enemy then you are not host, so disable the switch and play the game legitimately.

As for added security. VIP members can avoid bans. Learn how HERE.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Bridging

User Info Menu

Re: Bridging

i used to bridge host on Gears 2, its pretty kool

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Bridging

User Info Menu

Lag switches are for noobs. Seriously.

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

I bridged on wingman ALOT because it was allways laggy as shit.
    But now im just too lazy, if its too laggy i just leave.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

Bridging

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scal24 View Post
    Lag switches are for noobs. Seriously.
    So is hacking... Yet your a staff member on a hacking website lol, I'm sure you even hacked at one point.

I think anything that disallows others the possibility to get a kill is noobish, but if we are playing for fun or w/e I think hacking is fine to screw around with. I still enjoy modding single player games for PSP. Multiplayer... Not so much, everyone seems to hack in clan matches and shit. They don't know where to draw the line.

I don't even bother with ghosting (Lag Switching) since my connection sucks, I am never host. Plus I wouldn't want to step away from my controller to even flip the switch lol.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.