User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to add an "Internet browser" to your Xbox 360

How to add an "Internet browser" to your Xbox 360

User Info Menu

Anthony Park (from http://www.anpark.com/software.aspx) has written a program to allow you to remotely browse the internet from your PC to your Xbox 360

Important!: You MUST Windows XP Media Center. important! (nothing else will work at all)

1. Go Here to download the file

2. Double click on MCEBrowserSetup_v22.msi and install with the setting you like.

3. Turn on your 360 and go to the Media Tab, and then the media center option.

4. When in media center go to the "online media option", then go left to the "program library" once in there select the "Browser" option.

5. (OPTIONAL) You can Add Favorites to your 360 from your PC, by going into: C:/Documents and Settings/MCX# (I replaced the number you'll have with a #, it will vary (idk why lol)

6. Go into the folder called "Favorites" and you can "rightclick" create new shortcut. *make sure you type the http://* (you can also drag the url from your PC's browser into the "favorites" folder so you don't have to type anything.

7) Enjoy your new "browser" for the 360.

Note: Steps 5-7 are optional, but remember this isn't a real web browser (it's just displaying what is on your PC) So there is not text entering. So if you wish to go to different website you have to have it in the "favorites " folder.

Feel free to copy my tutorial just give me credit :-)

User Info Menu

Re: How to add an "Internet browser" to your Xbox 360

Any videos of this working?

User Info Menu

yea i knew this already... My opinion : LoL this sucks so bad xD you have to have your pc on to acces the Windows Media Center ... so if your pc is on why would you want to go use a low class internet browser on the 360 ?? does that make sence ? LoL
    ..::!!BIG RED FIRE MF!!::..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by big red fire View Post
    yea i knew this already... My opinion : LoL this sucks so bad xD you have to have your pc on to acces the Windows Media Center ... so if your pc is on why would you want to go use a low class internet browser on the 360 ?? does that make sence ? LoL
    \

The point is that this is homebrew..So if we can get this to work, than other code may work.

User Info Menu

true^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by H0LY.J3SUS View Post
    \

The point is that this is homebrew..So if we can get this to work, than other code may work.
    If you want homebrew get a PSP, if you want internet get a computer or a PS3, and if you want games get a console.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    If you want homebrew get a PSP, if you want internet get a computer or a PS3, and if you want games get a console.
    And i Have all of those. That didn't stop me from posting it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    400$ just to use internetbrowser on the ps3? get a pc lol... who the hell will get a ps3 just 4 a internet browser ... the ps3s internet browsers sucks anyway cus not all Flash necesary videos work...and you dont have java sun...

User Info Menu

Well you can basically go to any website on the ps3 and all you need is youtube lol also my friend did this a long time ago you just need to download a windows media player add on that lets you go on the internet which is basically pointless becuase if you do that thne you have a computer in your house and why not just use that

User Info Menu

This isn't the fucking ps3 section you guys. I know I'm not mod but keep it on god damn topic.

You are a mod now, lol
    ~A.T.~
    Last edited by AlienatedTailz; 02-19-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: lolz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast