User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Xbox 360 DVD Drives

Hacking Xbox 360 DVD Drives

User Info Menu

Re: Hacking Xbox 360 DVD Drives

Well i did my reaserch long before seeing this thread posted. I'm highly aware of the risks of flashing any type of system. A bad flash can screw up the entire thing. I've done that quite a few times with my PSP. Although, things can be fixed if you still have a few boot files and the previous FW of the bricked item.

But i do have an interesting question, i understand there are sata cables that hook up via USB. Any idea if that would work or not? And if not, why so?
    (The Slim PSP Pandora Batteries burning a damn hole in your pockets? Check out my link on how to convert your own. VVVVVVVVVV)
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...andora-t11817/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscreton View Post
    Well i did my reaserch long before seeing this thread posted. I'm highly aware of the risks of flashing any type of system. A bad flash can screw up the entire thing. I've done that quite a few times with my PSP. Although, things can be fixed if you still have a few boot files and the previous FW of the bricked item.

But i do have an interesting question, i understand there are sata cables that hook up via USB. Any idea if that would work or not? And if not, why so?
    1. A bad flash can fuck up your 360. Forever. You're lucky if you can fix it. End of story, it's not as easy as the PSP.

2. A USB SATA would most likely not work. It's not directly into your motherboaard, and the drive wold have to be formated for windows to work (most likely)

User Info Menu

How so? Isn't only the drive involved.
    (The Slim PSP Pandora Batteries burning a damn hole in your pockets? Check out my link on how to convert your own. VVVVVVVVVV)

User Info Menu

How so? Isn't only the drive involved.
    Yea, if you brick your drive you can just buy a new drive. Holy Jesus doesn't know what he's talking about =/

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    Yea, if you brick your drive you can just buy a new drive. Holy Jesus doesn't know what he's talking about =/
    I thought so. And whats the whole purpose of backing up the FW for the Drive?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    Thats a bull shit post right there Johnny. I do know what Im talking about. I didn't mean the whole 360...because we all know that what you're flashing is the DVD Drive.

And if you do fuck up, the Errors can be fixed, depending on what they are. But if the Flash fucks up, and you get E64 (not E74) then your at a loss for a DVD drive.

User Info Menu

E74 and E64? What in the world?

User Info Menu

E74 and E64? What in the world?
    E64 is currupt drive firmware
    E74 is some graphics card problem.

User Info Menu

Damn RoD.

User Info Menu

do i really need to buy the VIA Chipset? cause im flat out broke

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast