User Tag List

Thread: How Smell Works "Aerosolization"

How Smell Works "Aerosolization"

User Info Menu

This is something big to think about. This isn't something for the squeamish or Germ Freaks, but did you know that smell is obtained through particles of an object floating through the air. Say you have an orange on the table. You can't smell it right away correct? Let's say you take a knife and cut it open, almost immediately you start smelling it. This is because of Aerosolization. Which means that microscopic fragments and droplets of orange are actually distributed throughout the air.

This is where the squeamish may want to turn away!

This same concept is applied to farting. When you fart microscopic fragments of poo are disbursed through the air, when you begin to smell the fart, this is the stage in which the poo fragments have landed in the sensors of your nose, which generally would mean... that yes... poo is in your nose. Which also means, if someone else farted... You would be smelling their poo that landed in your nose.

Mythbusters actually did an episode on this awhile back which turned out to be confirmed. They also read up on where people were saying this Aerosolization occurred during a poop and that if your tooth brush was to be in the open it would get microscopic poo on your tooth brush. This was confirmed as well. They then set out to test if putting the toilet seat down before flushing the poo, would stop it from Aerosolization. This was proved to reduce the amount of poo particles, but was busted, since it did not completely stop it. They even did another test and set a tooth brush in another area of their ware house away from the bathroom and it STILL ended up with poo particles. So... guess that just goes to show that the world is and always will be FULL OF SHIT!

Smell, like taste, is a chemical sense detected by sensory cells called chemoreceptors. When an odorant stimulates the chemoreceptors in the nose that detect smell, they pass on electrical impulses to the brain. The brain then interprets patterns in electrical activity as specific odors and olfactory sensation becomes perception -- something we can recognize as smell. The only other chemical system that can quickly identify, make sense of and memorize new molecules is the immune system.

But smell, more so than any other sense, is also intimately linked to the parts of the brain that process emotion and associative learning. The olfactory bulb in the brain, which sorts sensation into perception, is part of the limbic system a system that includes the amygdala and hippocampus, structures vital to our behavior, mood and memory.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: How Smell Works "Aerosolization"

LMAO & Dam at the same time, thats wacked. I'll probaly puke now if I smell a stray fart.
    CLOSED FOR THE SEASON

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Yep gonna think about this while eating now... cause I am... damn you Johnny!

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

So in short, if you want to get a girl in the mood, smell is the way to go.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So in short, if you want to get a girl in the mood, smell is the way to go.
    How is a fart gonna get her in the mood?

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

This almost sounds plagiarized from a textbook. =P I've never heard of a hardcore computer nerd (such as myself) that takes an interest in human anatomy. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by S2h6699 View Post
    This almost sounds plagiarized from a textbook. =P I've never heard of a hardcore computer nerd (such as myself) that takes an interest in human anatomy. ;)
    I define the definition in the last two paragraphs, but other than that, I'm not aware of any textbooks that contain reference to the "Mythbusters" lol.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    How is a fart gonna get her in the mood?
    either some rly freaky girl or he means using pheromones or pleasant scents, of course I prefer chloroform myself, so much more effective

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

I was eating hotdogs while I read that.
    That is all.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.