User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do if nuclear bombs went off in the Major Cities of the U.S

What would you do if nuclear bombs went off in the Major Cities of the U.S

User Info Menu

What would you do? What if a group of people on the inside of the government or not, maybe just terrorists blew H-Bombs in most of the major cities?

By the major cities I'm reffering to Boston, San Diego, Chicago, New York, St. Louis, Cincinatti, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Atlanta, Seattle most of the big cities. I say San Diego and not Las Vegas or San Fransisco because if a nuclear bomb hit San Diego I doub't anyone from San Fransisco nor Las Vesas would survive, its too close.

First of all, just so you know.. The power would be out soon because your power comes from a main city most of the time thats where it is controlled. The internet probably wouldn't work long after the bombs went off, the phone lines would also be down. Your completely cut off from the world no contact outside exept maybe HAM Radio.

Nuclear Effects Generator

To give you an idea of what would happen visit THIS site. Select a city in the application, drag the gray box to make the Weapon Yield 25 KT and keep delivery method on automobile. Thats how much damage it would do. Red circle would be the part of the city that would be completely gone, blue would be the kill radius and orange would be the shock wave / blast wave distance. That is just the explosion. Then you have fallout that would drop down quickly after and would make much greater distances and literally cook anything that got too irradiated from the inside out.

Also play around with the tool a little bit, if a 2 megaton bomb hit the entire city would be gone.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-05-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Re: What would you do if nuclear bombs went off in the Major Cities of the U.S

i think id be fucked cause i live near pittsburgh,and i think pittsburgh is a major city because it puts out more pollutant then some small nations lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_John. View Post
    i think id be fucked cause i live near pittsburgh,and i think pittsburgh is a major city because it puts out more pollutant then some small nations lol
    Pittsburgh isn't included. Its as of 2008 I think #59 on the biggest city population density in the U.S. Its more than 100 miles from any of the others but it has several surrounding it including Cincinattin, Washington D.C, and Philadelphia but it would stand most likely. It would take long for debris to get there, at about 100 miles it takes 4 - 6 hours for nuclear debris and particles to reach there. But you would still need to take shelter, tape up your windows with duct tape and plastic + be in a basement or fallout shelter until the debris stopped falling.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

hell I live far away from major cities, it won't really effect me, however I'm sure the press would be all over it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    hell I live far away from major cities, it won't really effect me, however I'm sure the press would be all over it
    Far away is?

Even far away meaning past 200 miles it is still dangerous, fallout can reach great distances it would just take longer. It would effect you a lot more than you think. You wouldn't be getting food from anywhere but the city you live in, once thats gone its GONE and every single city would be like that. The sick wouldn't be getting medical care and if they were it would be limited to your hospitals resources and they would be running off of a generator most of the time. Water pumps would not work. Including your sink, bath tub, fire hydrants. Gas Pumps would not work you are using the gas you have and the gas people share with you to manage. You would have to worry about kids, food, water, shelter, school, information, and keeping everyone sane.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-04-2009 at 08:25 PM.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

bro I in newyork Id kill every fucking rag head , and shit looting every store fuck it :) all done
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bearrr View Post
    bro I in newyork Id kill every fucking rag head , and shit looting every store fuck it :) all done
    Your a moron. You miss the point of this thread.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

YES! Good thing Canada is a peace keeping country so we won't be bombed

Irony at it's finest

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigyz View Post
    YES! Good thing Canada is a peace keeping country so we won't be bombed
    Lol. Yeah but it might effect you. Denver might be the closest to your area so it wouldn't have much effect on you might get its a bits of fallout which could be dangerous because of the radiation.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

how you asked what I would do xD thats exactly wat I would do..
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast