rep messed up

in my profile it say's i have 51 rep but my rep power is only4 Rep Power: 4

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

Re: rep messed up

Yea I get stuff like that 2
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

The number of times some one Rep+ you does not equal the number of rep you have. I can't remember but someone explained it a while back. Say since you have 300 posts your rep should be if you take the first number and add one which should be 4 (and it is). With mine, I have 1400 posts so my rep should be 15, which it is. The Rep+ button only protects you from negative rep (I think). If too many people give you negative rep, your rep number would go down but if you have positive rep, it balances out. This is just what I THINK that I remember. Whoever explained it might have said it differently. I bet Johnny could tell you how it works though.

rep messed up

User Info Menu

thanks

rep messed up

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Poptart View Post
    The number of times some one Rep+ you does not equal the number of rep you have. I can't remember but someone explained it a while back. Say since you have 300 posts your rep should be if you take the first number and add one which should be 4 (and it is). With mine, I have 1400 posts so my rep should be 15, which it is. The Rep+ button only protects you from negative rep (I think). If too many people give you negative rep, your rep number would go down but if you have positive rep, it balances out. This is just what I THINK that I remember. Whoever explained it might have said it differently. I bet Johnny could tell you how it works though.
    I think you are correct.

I know La Chupafaggit explained it as every 50 posts you get 1 rep power and Rep +'s ONLY protected you from losing rep power and replenishing it from Rep -'s. But that didn't add up because I would have way more rep.

Also I believe it rounds your posts to the nearest hundred. So say my 4154 would bump up to 4200 and then you add one to the first numbers and you get my rep power which is 43.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

rep messed up

User Info Menu

yea it does (should) round up, I remember reading that when I was doing my VB forum a while back (now I use SMF or whatever it's called, I like it a lot better)

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

OH thats how it works so u need like 99,9500 posts to get 10k 100 rep?
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

rep messed up

User Info Menu

In other words I should have 2 or one reps?

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

I think Zeus is right, When i hit 300 posts i got another rep power..but if you divide 300 by 50 it equals 6, not 5....and it says 5 for me.

The green bars represent how many rep points you have i think??
    Last edited by gokickadogx2; 05-24-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

rep messed up

User Info Menu

well i only have 1 green bar and i have 51

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast