User Tag List

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPod Touch SECOND GEN.

Jailbreaking your iPod Touch SECOND GEN.

User Info Menu

YouTube - How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G full Tutorial

i saw my friends today i was like sweeeet man they got it done. That tutorial looks legit. BigBrother correct me if this tutorial isn't right as i know your like the iPod hacking man.

User Info Menu

Re: Jailbreaking your iPod Touch SECOND GEN.

youtube is slower then dog crap, so I didn't watch the whole thing (i think there are a lot of little kids coming out of school hoping to watch the latest episode of Hannah montana or whatever is now being used like as a marketing tool after school and is overloading the servers) anyway, I can confirm that it is legit and you can jailbreak your 2nd gen itouch and not have to plug it in each time, I helped out one of my friends and did it for them and yea, it works, no tethering any more, thanks to some 3rd party thing, idk if the iphone dev team released the final version of redsn0w, I haven't seen a tweet from them and I've been too lazy to check their website.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    idk if the iphone dev team released the final version of redsn0w, I haven't seen a tweet from them and I've been too lazy to check their website.
    I don't think they have. I've been waiting for it, but I haven't checked in the past 2 or 3 days so they might have released it since then.

User Info Menu

what is redsn0w, i saw in his description where to get the beta version. questions tho. in any way can this fuck your ipod up? like if you screw up you cant use it anymore (brick)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SCAL24 View Post
    what is redsn0w, i saw in his description where to get the beta version. questions tho. in any way can this fuck your ipod up? like if you screw up you cant use it anymore (brick)?
    it's tough to screw it up, I've done it at least 10 times, each time worked like a charm (talking about 1st and 2nd gen itouches)

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I've done it with 4 iPhone's and I haven't messed them up. It is possible though. And if you ever break it and have to send it in to apple, just plug into iTunes and update your iPod touch/iPhone with apple original firmware.

User Info Menu

so all you have to do is click buttons and do the easy instructions? seems too easy lol.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

It is, the program does all the work for you, just follow onscreen instructions when they tell you to do something. Timing is kind of key though so don't do it on a slow computer (it might delay and you might hold a button for too long). But it is extremely easy, all you do is hold certain buttons when they tell you and it will install CFW by itself.