User Tag List

Thread: I Am Alive

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I Am Alive

This is a game made by Ubisoft called I Am Alive. I have no idea what the game is about but it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

Re: I Am Alive

I want that so bad
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I have not seen any other trailers for this, release dates or what consoles it will be for. But I hope they go through with making it because it looks like it would be fun.

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

ye its like ... I AM LEGEND but for a game.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

yea that would be interesting. But judging from the trailer, I don't even know what the enemy is. Could be people, animals, mutants, etc. I have no idea.

I Am Alive

User Info Menu

Taken from the I am alive section of the Ubisoft forums.

Basic information:

Developer: Darkworks (same team who worked on a survival-horror Cold Fear)
    Publisher: Ubisoft
    Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC
    Genre: First Person Survival
    Release date: April 2009 - March 2010 (Ubisoft's financial year)
    Modes: Single player
    Players: 1
    Rating: 16+ (PEGI)
    Engine: Unreal 3
    Official game boxcover:

Facts:

The game was previously known as 'Alive'.

I am Alive has been in development since 2005.

There will be sequel(s).

The game will be set in first person. Though, there is a possibility for third person gameplay elements. (To be confirmed)

The game is set in June 2009 and will take place in Chicago (whether partly or fully is unknown), where a 10.3 magnitude earthquake took place.

You play as a 27-year-old Adam Collins, an usual office worker.

After the earthquake you'll find yourself trapped in a high building. For 3 days on you will fight your way out in the open.

After the escape from the building, you'll discover that you're being trapped again. Comes out, during the earthquake Chicago was detached from the main ground and is now a lone Chicago-island swimming in the ocean.

The game revolves around finding your ex-girlfriend Alice, who may, or may not, be alive. Because you still love her.

Your second main goal would be to get off the island. The rescue operation failed (or didn't come at all(To be confirmed)), so you're on your own.

There are enough other survivors to make your life easier...or harder...
    You will also have to gather together enough survivors to gain the attention of the government rescue teams.

The game will leave you several choices: rescue or not, steal or take by force, protect or attack, heal someone or heal yourself (due to the medicine and water being rare). All the choices you make in the game will affect what will happen to Adam and Alice.

There will be several factions, some of which you can align with, that were formed in the city. You can also befriend other stragglers.

There will be some kind of a camp, where survivors will gather to share food and sleep safely. The objectives will revolve around the camp at least from time-to-time (bring someone a bottle of water, so the person would not dry up etc).

At the current moment 3 more characters are known:
    *Riley - a young female doctor, she will do her best to help you and other survivors at the camp.
    *Virgil - an African-American former solider, he will try to protect the survivors.
    *Peter - a disabled ex-firefighter. It was his idea to build a camp.
    They will give you information and goals to achieve (Additional quests).

One of the ways of telling the story of Adam and Alice is through flashbacks. Whether they will be playable or not is unknown.

The game takes place over 9 days. That means no free-roam after the ending credits. Also the game will open and lock certain areas during your progress through the game.

There are weapons (Firearms, throwing weapons and everyday things can be used as a weapon too) and you can pick them up and shoot/hurt people. There won't be loads of ammo and health packs though, and the guns themselves are rare.

You can scare off people with an empty gun, if they don't realize there are no bullets inside.

You can only aim at one person at a time.

Water can either replenish health or be thrown away for distraction.

The cause of the disaster will be revealed throughout the game. (Just a nature disaster??? We'll see )

Easter Eggs: (There already are a few!)

In the CG trailer we can see an Al Soljon poster (reference to Al Jolson, a comedian and musician who lived and died in the 20th century)

In the CG trailer we can see a 'Jazz & Blues' poster, which is actually a (slightly modified) copy of the real life one.
    And it gives us some hints!
    Like, the date, for example:
    June 3rd. So, we must assume, the game takes place in early days of June. Of course, it's still just an assumption...
    And the 'New Haven' could be Chicago?
    Oh, these tricky Easter Eggs...

In the CG trailer we can see a sign saying 'www.ruaumoko.com', which is a reference to a Mäori mythology god of earthquakes and volcanoes – Ruaumoko, and also applications, specifically designed for earthquake engineering.

The story of the game spins around Adam and Alice. Now this may be just my imagination and coincidence, but if you mess up the letters a bit, you'll get:
    Adam Alice = [A][d]am Ali[c]e =
    [|][]am Ali[v]e = I am Alive

A good choice of names I'd say

Adam, the main character of the game, shares his name with the first man to be created by god, the first one to live. And now, when the mother nature got humanity cornered, he is one of a few to survive. The humanity is reborn, and Adam is again one of the first ones to live. The question is though:
    For how long
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Wow, that reveals a lot about the game. Thanks Zeus for the info, I guess I was too lazy to look too hard for it.

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

same haha Thanks zues :) hmm itd be pretty cool online tho =/

I Am Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bearrr View Post
    same haha Thanks zues :) hmm itd be pretty cool online tho =/
    Yeah I think it would be cool if you could be in a city like that where every bodys character looked different and you all ran around doing missions together.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.