If you are unfamiliar with the Monster Hunter franchise, I commend you. Because you have no clue what you are getting into. Many have probably seen the commercials for this game thinkin "Hey, my 6 year old son LOVES dinosaurs!" Oh boy, do I feel bad for those people...

If you want this game, I recommend you do some research, because this is one of the hardest, deepest, and most rewarding games this generation.

You start from rags to riches as a new hunter who decides to help the small Moga Village, and train to slay the (flagship) monster Lagiacrus. It has been terrorizing the small fishing village, and it is your job to become the best hunter around, and slay the beast.

The point of this game is to collect materials from slaying different monsters, farming different items, and mining different ores, to create weapons and armor so you can be a more devastating hunter.

This can be very, very fun and rewarding, but it takes some time to truly get into the game. When I say it's a lot of grinding, I don't mean "Attack little monsters for X amount of hours until you gain X amount of experience points" I mean you are gathering a LOT of supplies, and you kill monsters and hope to god they drop the right item. Why is this so fun? Because unlike a lot of games, fighting monsters isn't turn based, this game has a real in-depth combat system.