User Tag List

Thread: Crackling noise with HDMI cables

Crackling noise with HDMI cables

User Info Menu

I recently switched out my Component cables for the M$ HDMI cable that came with my Elite (I had no idea what it was until 5 hours ago). Now after about 30 minutes all the sound gets crackled and I have to unplug the cable go get it working normally. I do not have this problem with the component cables and I have tried both the HDMI ports in my TV.

User Info Menu

Re: Crackling noise with HDMI cables

It's a problem with either the port on the 360 or the ports on your tv. IT IS NOT THE CABLE. If you have anything else that has HDMI output plug it in to your tv and see if it happens. If it doesn't then it's a problem with your 360 and call microshit

User Info Menu

Re: Crackling noise with HDMI cables

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    It's a problem with either the port on the 360 or the ports on your tv. IT IS NOT THE CABLE. If you have anything else that has HDMI output plug it in to your tv and see if it happens. If it doesn't then it's a problem with your 360 and call microshit
    Agreed with BB on this one, though it is more than likely not an issue with the cable nor the 360, it is more than likely an issue with the TV. I bought a 50 inch LCD TV awhile back and it had some kind of copy protection on the HDMI ports so after 30 seconds the sound disabled. IDK WHY it did this, but it pissed me off, so I took it back and got a different brand.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.